Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170N
CPU
i5 6600k
Graphics
R9 270
Hey guys, I'm new here. This is my first attempt at a hackintosh and I'm having a little trouble installing Sierra.

Specs:
mobo: GA-Z170N-wifi
CPU: i5 6600k
RAM: 16gb corsair vengance
GPU: None installed as of now

So I've checked a few threads and have changed my bios settings to match this, from a couple guides I've found:
  • IOS Features
    • Fast Boot: Disabled
    • VT-d: Disabled
    • Windows 8/10 Features: Other OS
    • LAN PXE Boot Option ROM: Disabled
    • Storage Boot Option Contro: UEFI Only
    • Network Stack: Disabled
  • Peripherals:
    • Initial Display Output: PCIe 1 Slot (if graphics card installed) or IGFX (otherwise)
    • XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
  • Chipset:
    • VT-d: Disabled
I've tried booting a few times, once using a bootable USB with Clover installed, another with UniBeast (and therefore Clover) installed. Both times I get the following on screen. Black screen with a white apple logo, and the below text:
----------------------------
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80008d8f84): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3789.41.3/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1672
Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address
0xffffff81f07cbdb0 : 0xffffff80002f210c
hex : hex *RESEMBLES ABOVE LINE**
hex : hex

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown
Boot arge: slide=0 container-dmg=file:///Install%20macOS%Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg root-dmg=file:///BaseSystem.dmg

Mac OS Version:
Not yet set

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 16.4.0: Thu Dec 22 22:53:21 PST 2016; root:xnu-3789.41.3~3/RELEASE_X86_64
Kernel UUID: C67A8D03-DEAC-35B8-8F68-06FF7B687215
__HIB text base: 0xffffff8000100000

System uptime in nanoseconds: 608644508
-------------------------------

Any ideas as to where I might be going wrong here?

Any ideas very much appreciated. If there's any more info that would be helpful let me know!

I can also say that I have been having the exact same problem. It shows the loading screen then the mentioned text on top of it. I have been able to get into macOS but I forget what I did to do that. If I do get into macOS, I am unable to connect to the internet via Ethernet. I'm using a single channel of 8gb ddr4 at 2666 clock speed and a core i5 6500 in a ga-z170n-wifi motherboard. I currently don't have a graphics card either.

Last edited:
I've been doing a little reading but haven't had a lot of time to get into it. Pretty sure something is missing kexts wise but I know so little that I'm not sure where to start! And I'm away on business the next couple weeks so I won't have a chance to figure it out. Let me know if you get anywhere in the meantime! One thread I saw mentioned power management. I sweat I had those kexts on my USB but they must've been in the wrong place or something.

Just a suggestion. I have had many problems booting from USB. If you have a Mac you can install the system to your main drive using an external USB enclosure, and then install the multibeast stuff. Return the main drive to your hackintosh and try. It works for me.

HappyJack247, I gave that a shot but must have something wrong. I'm still getting nowhere when I try to boot. My install works fine on my Mac. I'm probably also super confused about where to put the multibeast stuff and how to use it.

Any luck for you BenChristopher? You're definitely further along than me!

HappyJack247, I gave that a shot but must have something wrong. I'm still getting nowhere when I try to boot. My install works fine on my Mac. I'm probably also super confused about where to put the multibeast stuff and how to use it.

Any luck for you BenChristopher? You're definitely further along than me!
What system definition are you using to boot, I know Sierra on the Skylake boots up with iMac 14.1. Multibeast is a post install application to help you load Drivers and Kext to patch hardware to fool the OS so it can run. 3rd if you are going for a gfx card go with an Nvidia its a pretty native card for the Macs/Hacks.

Good Luck!!

What system definition are you using to boot, I know Sierra on the Skylake boots up with iMac 14.1. Multibeast is a post install application to help you load Drivers and Kext to patch hardware to fool the OS so it can run. 3rd if you are going for a gfx card go with an Nvidia its a pretty native card for the Macs/Hacks.

Good Luck!!
Man I feel like such a noob...I didn't pick a definition? Haha.

In other news, I actually got it running today. I don't think I did anything different but I remade my bootable USB using Unibeast and reformatted my hard drive. However, my only internet source is wifi at this time and I've just learned that you need a specific wifi card that has support, meaning the wifi card that came as part of my motherboard is useless, right? I haven't been able to find any help on getting it working.

Man I feel like such a noob...I didn't pick a definition? Haha.

In other news, I actually got it running today. I don't think I did anything different but I remade my bootable USB using Unibeast and reformatted my hard drive. However, my only internet source is wifi at this time and I've just learned that you need a specific wifi card that has support, meaning the wifi card that came as part of my motherboard is useless, right? I haven't been able to find any help on getting it working.
Glad it's all sorted I just purchased the
Broadcom BCM94352Z mini wifi m.2 card apparently the Intel card our boards have is not supported so you have to get this card along with some Kext to patch in order for the Wifi to work, I just found one on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back