Contribute
Register

General Yosemite hick-ups!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, UB 5.0.1 and MB 7.
Sweet lord, you are the first person to have working iMessage via Uni and Multi that didn't use Clover. You don't mind if some of the smarter people as you some questions about it. I don't know where they would need to look to ask.

You know, come to think of it, I don't think I've actually received anything via Messages since I got Yosemite running. The app itself runs, but I haven't tried to send/receive anything with it yet. Sorry for the possibly-false hopes raised, but it's not an app that I use regularly. I really should test these things before I start declaring success. :oops:

I'll try it out and reply back when I get my head out of my a**.

You know, come to think of it, I don't think I've actually received anything via Messages since I got Yosemite running. The app itself runs, but I haven't tried to send/receive anything with it yet. Sorry for the possibly-false hopes raised, but it's not an app that I use regularly. I really should test these things before I start declaring success. :oops:

Don't worry, common mistake I guess, it seems that most people can't log into their account via iMessage so it won't activate.

Try to send any iMessage to someone who has an iPhone/Mac. If the name of the recipient is in red, then you're not connected even if the app says you are. If you go to Preferences > Account and sign out, I bet you won't be able to sign in again.

Crapola.

MessagesScreenSnapz001.png

Ozgur- I haven't had any sleep issues, but as was the case with iMessage, I haven't given it any rigorous testing yet so don't hold me to that ;).

I can tell you that earlier today I let it go into sleep mode and it woke right up with a tap of the shift key. Everything was working, including audio.

Multibeast installs Chimera, which, uses FileNVRam to simulate the non-volatile RAM that Macs use to store many settings. FileNVRAM no longer works in Yosemite. Without this functioning, some of the unique identifiers that iMessage relies on to authenticate and validate with Apple are missing or wrong. Consequently, iMessage will not work with Chimera.

Installing and booting with Clover should rectify this immediately. I did this and without any prior experience did not find it difficult to do. Look for a guide to switching to clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back