Contribute
Register

General Yosemite hick-ups!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multibeast installs Chimera, which, uses FileNVRam to simulate the non-volatile RAM that Macs use to store many settings. FileNVRAM no longer works in Yosemite. Without this functioning, some of the unique identifiers that iMessage relies on to authenticate and validate with Apple are missing or wrong. Consequently, iMessage will not work with Chimera.

Installing and booting with Clover should rectify this immediately. I did this and without any prior experience did not find it difficult to do. Look for a guide to switching to clover.

Thank you for your insight. Although I find clover to be more complicated and not straight to the point like multibeast. There so many technical terms while installing that I have no idea what they are for.

Also isn't multibeast the official software of tonymacx86? So shouldn't it be more precise than Clover whose developers are not from tonymacx86 to my understanding. It is weird that Multibeast doesn't solve this problem :)

You know, come to think of it, I don't think I've actually received anything via Messages since I got Yosemite running. The app itself runs, but I haven't tried to send/receive anything with it yet. Sorry for the possibly-false hopes raised, but it's not an app that I use regularly. I really should test these things before I start declaring success. :oops:

I'll try it out and reply back when I get my head out of my a**.

whoops, just like that!

i just opened it up and let it connect. got no error message so i thought it was fine! very sorry!

sleep does work for me too, wakes up after sleep with audio and everything (this one i tested ;) )

Far as i no on my pc is 1.perfect install all up and running.. Grate for a few days and then freeze and like mavericks gets worser each day... now i had no freeze from 19th oct fresh install.. yesterday i install bitt*****t it work flat out 21st oct.. Today 22oct start the computer up as normal look at emails didn't even use bitt*****t.. left it for 2mins, come back and freeze.. force shutdown only thing you can do.. funny how my Yosemite runs fine when my USB's don't work after :banghead:...

Its like trying to solve a crime lol everyone no's a apple software runs fine on its OWN.. But with pc you need that lil Help for mac to run fine:eek:.. and i mean like a real mac

one of these's are coursing the freeze. 1.Any t*****t program, 2.multibeast,

• If i boot from clover imessager works :thumbup:.. if i boot straight to yosemite imessager don't :thumbdown:
  • if you boot from clover and the system freeze. The pc automatic restarts the computer and saves what you doing which i like because the usb's ports still work after:rolleyes:, so that solves my first part.. Think about it.. Too get off freeze, you have to force shut down and to get the usb's ports working again you have to turn the main power off (plug socket) then back on..
  • Well clover dose it auto:angel: and Imessager works:angel:.. It's like clover boots it like a real MAC :rolleyes:
  • But multibeast you use that to sort your audio, network, and make your system boot without usb right?... But it ****s up after few days to a week right!!!
  • So use clover to boot your Mac system (set usb to boot 1st) then use multibeast once on a fresh install just to install your (network ether) that's it, and audio i download of the internet, voodoo loader installer.. after install add to dock right click Options, open at login.. (mavericks Perfect ) and (Yosemite Issues)

This works perfect on (Mavericks) its like a real mac love it...... (Yosemite) i notice when you boot from usb (clover) the internet don't work but audio HDMI works with my 3Dtv but voodoo loader don't work or even install the audio.. if i boot straight without clover internet works and voodoo loader works...

I think i'll got back to maverick for now.. This is just to show from what i noticed and maybe help few people why this and that not working.. this is my pc spec's 4.3 GHz intel Core 2 duo 3GB 1064 Mhz DDR3 AMD radon HD 512MB

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back