GTX TITAN X
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@joevt !

I have TB running... with FW800! I'm going to give it a few days to make sure that this isn't a fluke, but if it holds, I will update with my config and changes. Sorry for the cliffhanger, but I thought I had it fixed and then it failed, so this time I will have to run a few tests. That said, this is the best outcome thus far!

Thank you for your help and insightful questions, joevt. I really appreciate it!
Glad you got it working.

Yes, I am running the latest clover and removed emuvariable from the EFI. I'll try removing the actual nvram.plist file and any rc scripts and see what happens.

printf and APFS: sounds right, as clover shows that prior to the main screen. I don't have any APFS drives, though.
Since you don't have APFS drives, you can remove the APFS driver for now (put it in a different folder on the EFI partition for safe keeping).

Clover always boots indeed and I can use the shell, but I have never succeeded in entering the shell, dumping the output, and getting OS X to boot.
Which part doesn't work? Entering the shell? Dumping the Output? or getting OS X to boot?

I did pick up on the USB issue too. I finally found an adapter for the internal 3.1 Gen 2 header to a 3.0 19-pin header. Should arrive in a week. Will let you know how that works. This would free up a slot completely.
So the motherboard has a different connector than your computer case? That makes sense. If you use a USB 3.0 19 pin header adapter, it should still support 10 Gbps speed, unless the cable/adapter introduces too much noise?

True about not completing USB. I am waiting to have a semi-stable setup before doing that. Perhaps not wise?
Should fix what you can fix. USB is well understood and there's an excellent guide for setting that up properly. Thunderbolt might not be stable for awhile. Is it stable if you disable Thunderbolt in BIOS for now?

Regarding PCI slots, I need 10-bit output (photographer) and the 1080 doesn't allow that (I have seen reports that it can work, but I can only get a dithered output in Photoshop). I was also motivated to free the USB 4x slot to put a BlackMagic Decklink Monitor instead, though now I am hearing a lot of good about Vega. Frontier seems to output 10-bit on OpenGL and I am trying to figure out what the Vega 64 equivalent of Radeon Pro Vega 64 for Mac would be for a Z370 MB; that's slightly off-topic, though, so I'll keep that for another thread/forum.
I haven't found a good test to see if 10-bit actually works. I did create a 16bit tiff file with gradients for 6,8,10,12 bit.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1028700/geforce-apple-gpus/10bit-hidpi-in-10-13-1-is-orange-/

First you need to know that the frame buffer is using 10 bit. Does taking a screenshot create a 10 bit png? Might need to make your own screenshot program. Then you can examine the hex to see the format of the pixels.

Then you need to know that the frame buffer is output as 10 bit to the display. Maybe there's a way to get the DisplayPort information, check the bandwidth, pixel size, whatever. Might have to hack the graphics driver to get that info.

Then you need to know that the display is showing a difference between color 1000000000b and 1000000001b. It's hard to see. Maybe an animation will make it more visible (the human eye can see movement better than color?)

Motherboard
Razer Blade Stealth
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@joevt !

I have TB running... with FW800! I'm going to give it a few days to make sure that this isn't a fluke, but if it holds, I will update with my config and changes. Sorry for the cliffhanger, but I thought I had it fixed and then it failed, so this time I will have to run a few tests. That said, this is the best outcome thus far!

Thank you for your help and insightful questions, joevt. I really appreciate it!

I have the same board and the same TH3 adaptor, can you share your method? My mac does not show anything in the PCI

Motherboard
Z370 Gigabyte Arous Gaming 5
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
iGPU
Hey I have actually gotten the Alpine Bridge to FLASH in Windows 10 by turning Enable for all the setting in Thunderbolt section in the BIOS. First install the driver , then do the flashing again to try.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X- Gaming 5
CPU
i7-i7700
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
iMac
I've been fighting with the devices a bit. I find it takes me a few restarts to get things to show up. That was the case prior as well. So it's not really unusual. I find it odd that my Black magic card can hot swap though. It seems to work fine no matter what. I have the SANLink3 T1 attached as well, which basically allows me to get 10Gbe line from my QNAP NAS storage system. This is very finicky. It takes a bit after restart for it to be recognized. It's odd as well, I just recently installed it with the drivers and at first the system didn't see it at all but I left it alone overnight and it was just working in the morning. Not sure what that's about. I feel like it's a bit of a crap shoot from day to day and I can't rely on this Hackintosh at all. I wish I was a bit more savy and understood thing so I could fix them. Not sure it's even possible to have a reliable Hackintosh. I'll probably cave and go buy a new iMac pro if I can't this working more reliably.
I'm in the same boat. I own qnap NAS with TB3 connection. Eventhough I have external driver working with Alpine Ridge Card. QNAP is not seeing it.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X-UD5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX1060, RX 580
Mac
Mac mini
Hi

Can anyone help me.

Gigabyte did not have Z370-UD5 motherboard at this time.

Because I require to have 2 gigabit ethernet port for my rig to run linux or FreeBSD. Besides MACos.

One of the aorus motherboard have intel and killer ethernet ports.

Right now the only option that I have is the Z370XP SLI which have only one ethernet port or the Aorus motherboard.

Now that Gigabyte have two versions of GC-Alpine Ridge thunderbolt 3 card. Version 1 and 2.

I enquire the shop, that they only have version 1 not version 2.

Which version should I get for the GC-Alpine Ridge for Z370.

Does the Asus thunderbolt 3 card works with Gigabyte motherboard?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX TITAN X
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Now that Gigabyte have two versions of GC-Alpine Ridge thunderbolt 3 card. Version 1 and 2. I enquire the shop, that they only have version 1 not version 2. Which version should I get for the GC-Alpine Ridge for Z370.

Version 1 uses the DSL6540 B-step, and version 2 uses the DSL6540 C-step. The differences don't seem to be documented anywhere. They both appear to be compatible with the same set of motherboards. I would take version 1 if version 2 is not available.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GC-ALPINE-RIDGE-rev-10#ov
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GC-ALPINE-RIDGE-rev-20#ov

The GC-ALPINE RIDGE has two DisplayPort inputs, but the ASUS ThunderboltEX 3 only has one DisplayPort input, so I would choose the GC-ALPINE RIDGE. The GC-ALPINE RIDGE has a header cable that fits two different sizes of Thunderbolt header, but the ASUS only fits one size, so the ASUS might not work with all motherboards (I guess you could make your own cable...).

Maybe try the ASRock Thunderbolt 3 AIC. It at least has two DisplayPort inputs (though different sizes...).

There's also a MSI ThunderboltM3 but I think MSI doesn't plan to release it.

Titan Ridge has been announced. It's basically still just Thunderbolt 3 with two new features. It adds support for DisplayPort 1.4. New Thunderbolt 3 devices that use the Titan Ridge controller will have the ability to use the Thunderbolt 3 ports as USB-C inputs (probably USB 2.0/3.1 + 2 lanes of DisplayPort 1.4 and USB 2.0 + 4 lanes of DisplayPort 1.4). Such devices can use Thunderbolt 3 with computers that have Thunderbolt 3 (like the MacBook Pro) and still work with computers that don't have Thunderbolt 3 (like the MacBook). Apple will probably use it in a new Thunderbolt 3 display. It would need two inputs to support 5K from a computer that doesn't have DisplayPort 1.4 and doesn't have Thunderbolt 3, otherwise it will work as 4K. Maybe moshi had this in mind when listing the features of it's USB-C to DisplayPort cable? They told me some of the language came from Apple when I told them their cable has nothing to do with Thunderbolt.
https://www.moshi.com/usb-c-to-displayport-cable-5k

Maybe we'll see Titan Ridge add-in cards in the future.

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi

Can anyone help me.

Gigabyte did not have Z370-UD5 motherboard at this time.

Because I require to have 2 gigabit ethernet port for my rig to run linux or FreeBSD. Besides MACos.

One of the aorus motherboard have intel and killer ethernet ports.

Right now the only option that I have is the Z370XP SLI which have only one ethernet port or the Aorus motherboard.

Now that Gigabyte have two versions of GC-Alpine Ridge thunderbolt 3 card. Version 1 and 2.

I enquire the shop, that they only have version 1 not version 2.

Which version should I get for the GC-Alpine Ridge for Z370.

Consider one thing, with the Asus ThunderboltEX card you can enable hotplug via SSDT, but not with Alpine Ridge for now (we are working on it)

I know that you can adapt the ThunderboltEX card to Gigabyte motherboards (see this thread), but I do not know if the SSDTs work properly.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i7-8700K
Graphics
Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8GB
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi everyone, does anyone know where can I buy this card without it being overpriced?

ebay: 140usd
amazon: not selling it
newegg: 150usd
fry's electronics: 55usd but not shipping to Florida, US.

Thanks