Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H: System Freeze on File Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey,

I have the exact same issues.

Z77-DS3H rev. 1.1 (seems like, because system profiler shows AR8161 chipset?! is there any other way to check?)
BIOS F11a currently, same issues with BIOS F9.

freezes on larger file transfers. using ALXEthernet 1.0.2 kext.
AtherosL1cEthernet kext doesn't work (doesn't pick up ethernet device) at all.

since the ALXEthernet kext isn't under development anymore, will there be a solution?
or do I have to look for a PCI-E NIC?

any experiences with Z77-D3SH and HP N360T Card?

try this kext...
i think the problem is solved!

Attachments

• AtherosL1cEthernet.kext.zip
    60 KB · Views: 187
i had that problem its a memory leak on your Ethernet just update your Ethernet kexts from new multi beast and you will be fine

i had that problem its a memory leak on your Ethernet just update your Ethernet kexts from new multi beast and you will be fine

Confirmed that this does not work. At least not for me.

Has anyone tested whether the GA-Z77-DS3H freezing issue is resolved in Yosemite, and if so, how to avoid it?

Do I just use the ALXEthernet from Mavericks with Yosemite?

I currently have a very stable Mavericks system and I'm actually afraid to upgrade it, I don't want the freezing bug to return. :eek:

Has anyone tested whether the GA-Z77-DS3H freezing issue is resolved in Yosemite, and if so, how to avoid it?

Do I just use the ALXEthernet from Mavericks with Yosemite?

I currently have a very stable Mavericks system and I'm actually afraid to upgrade it, I don't want the freezing bug to return. :eek:

With the ALXEthernet i cannot even copy small files to my NAS - instant freeze...

With the ALXEthernet i cannot even copy small files to my NAS - instant freeze...

I recompiled the ALXEthernet and download works now, but upload still freezes. :(

Attachments

• ALXEthernet.kext.zip
    48.5 KB · Views: 98
Hey guys,
Running GA-Z77-DS3H here with Rev 1.1. I've tried using the AtherosL!cEthernet.kext but on reboot my device isn't picked up. Is it only rev 1.0 who are having luck with this?
I've just installed this board and it's running perfect apart from I can't back up over my LAN which ideally i need to do every day.

Thanks!

same problem, 1 2 3 isn't picked up in 10.10 and 1.1 ver, UPLOAD Freeze %(((

This is what you need ,guys (for z77-DS3H rev 1.1 & Yosemite) : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/313-atherose2200ethernet/, or you can find it in the latest multibeast version (7.0.1)
Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 21.47.22.png
The proof:
Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 22.08.33.png Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 22.08.56.png

This is what you need ,guys (for z77-DS3H rev 1.1) /

Haven't tried this kext, but using the ALXEthernet.kext noticed something that is likely related. The latency starts out fine at around 16-25 msec. However, after about 10 minutes it suddenly jumps to 500-700msec. This causes the system to slow down as well as slowing down everything else connected to the router. Will try out ion08's kext and see if it resolves the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back