Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H + Sapphire 6870 + i52400 + ML`

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said don't mess with system kexts. you are on your own with that solution sorry. I recommend you replace the kexts with the vanialla ones and follow what i said in previous post. ATI cards do not require you to do that and it will break on updates leading you down this whole path all over again.

None of those personalities worked with the standard ati6000controller kext that unibeast comes with. What do I do if they don't work? Why does this kext work and not the standard one?

Turns out I uninstalled the ATI6000Kext that I downloaded and reinstalled the one from Unibeast and NOW it works. I don't know why that kext wouldn't work before. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I installed multibeast.

Anyway I'm up and running. The Gibba Personality was the best one for this machine it looks like.

I'm just working to get the sound up and running now. The 887 patches in multibeast dont seem to be working.

Just saw this thread - I had an identical issue when I was installing ML the first time with my HD6870 - I did the same as you and swapped in the HD6870 immediately after OS install and I got the white screen.

I wiped the drive started again and completed the install using HD4000 ran multibeast so that I had a functioning machine and only then after rebooting after the multibeast install did I swap in the HD6870.

I have also installed subsequently using the Mountain Lion 6XXX GPU Issues - FIX INSIDE! method.

I don't alter framebuffers as either of these two methods work very well for me.

Anyone have any ideas about the audio?

I've tried the appropriate options in multibeast for my motherboards audio (887) but no luck.

Video - Working
Ethernet - Working
Sleep - Working

Sound - Not working

I can't seem to get this motherboards sound to work. I've seen success with other people with it.

I've tried every sound option and combination there is... I don't see how everyone else got the sound working.

I'm out of ideas.

Yeah.. still no sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back