Graphics
Radeon
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, running into some trouble that I've never seen before.

So I was able to get ML installed by using the Onboard graphics and -x.

After it installed (before desktop) I put in my 6870 and tried to boot. It gives me the the white screen with the cursor. So I tried GE=No and PCI=0 and -x and all sorts of these combinations and non of them seem to work.

So I booted again with GE=Yes and I took a picture of where it got stuck in Verbose. But as I was typing this (10 min later) it took me to the white screen again without a cursor. About 2 minutes later the cursor appeared. So I don't know if its going extremely slow or it just hanging now.

I've attached the picture.

Right before it came to the white screen it said Something Catalog was resetting.

What error is this?

EDIT: Same white screen with cursor happens when I try to boot into my Snow Leopard Drive.

Attachments

• photo-17.JPG
    photo-17.JPG
    709.6 KB · Views: 366
did you enable virtualization in cpu in bios?
Hd6870 only requires GE=yes to get it working but if the screen is showing white you might want to replace ATI6000kext again and try it.

lol had this exact same issue when experimenting with usb3.0.

I also used to have this issue with another hackintosh..

even tho it looks like a video issue... i think its something else?

what options did you do in multi beast? did you change anything else before you installed the video card?

I wasn't able to run multibeast. I was only able to boot to the installer with onboard but was not able to hit the desktop with onboard. So I swapped out for the card.

The only thing that was done in the bios was Load Defaults and switched to AHCI. I didn't specifically sent any virtualization or anything.

Which ATI6000 kext do I need to switch it to? The standard one that comes in the unibeast installer is what is on my system now. You think it needs to be switched?

Any ideas guys?

It seems that the screen flashes when on the white apple loading screen with almost all of the flags that im using. Almost like, right when its about to stop spinning, theres a weird flash and it just keeps spinning forever.

So I got the system to boot...

I deleted the ATI6000Controller.kext in single user mode. That got me to the desktop. Once I was at the desktop I installed this kext > http://www.osx86.net/view/2916-ati6000controller.kext_for_mountain_lion_gm.html with kext beast.

Now I'm at the desktop with full resolution but I don't this with full acceleration. It seems that windows transition slowly.

I'm going to try different personalities now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back