Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I have Mountain Lion 1.8.2 fully working (except for USB 3.0), and so I tried to install windows on another 500GB partition of my HD. After I installed windows, and all the drivers, I restarted my computer expecting to see the chimera boot menu, but I did not get it, so I plugged in my Unibeast flash drive and it booted to my HD from that Chimera boot menu, I then re-installed Chimera on my HD.

Now for the error:
When I boot normally it opens Chimera, but I cannot see or select my Windows partition. Is there anything that I can do to be able to boot into windows again?

This is what it says right now:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-23 at 9.58.50 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-09-23 at 9.58.50 PM.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 145
This is what it says right now:

Try to boot with the following flags.

"PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnables=No -F -x -v"

and see if that changes anything.

Those didn't work. I decided to spend as much time as I have to to get this to work. I was looking at this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/60390-gigabyte-uefi-ssdt-dsdt-overclocking-4.html

This post in particular helped me:

Thank you! Your method helped me a lot in OC setting up on my hack!
Valuable post! Highly recommend for everyone who has Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.3 UEFI ver. U1h and Core i5 2500K.

To rise OC higher I've done the following:

in UEFI (BIOS)
1. do not touch base clock speed
2. add +0.2V to vcore delta
3. set up turbo ratios (upside down) 48 48 48 47
4. use XMP 1600MHz

in MAC OS X 10.8.1
1. take Greggen's OC SSDT (available in Multibeast 5 for ex.). Add 6 more p-states (from 4300 up to 4800 MHz)
2. use Mac Mini 5.1 SMBIOS
3. do not forget to set GeneratePStates=No and DropSSDT=Yes in org.chameleon.boot.plist (otherwise you'll 100% get KP with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and even patched one will not help you)

Okay. That's all! Start using you Hack with OC!

My i5 2500K with 4.7GHz OC gave me ˜13100 Geekbench score.

Got my overclock working after about four hours of messing around with boot flags, BIOS settings, and kexts. The only thing I noticed that isn't working is that Mail won't launch anymore. Now, to fix that…

Hi All,

Apologies if this has already been covered, but has anyone upgraded to 10.8.2 without any issues? Noticed the thread on the update was full of folk having problems - just wondered if fellow hackintoshers with this board and config were haing the same problems??

Any tips/suggestions before I being the update, would be awesome!

(the app store with the little (1) is like a splinter in my mind - UPDATE, UPDATE!) :)

Cheers.

EDIT : Just saw the posts 2 up on this and I'm honestly thinking of not updating :(

Hi All,

Apologies if this has already been covered, but has anyone upgraded to 10.8.2 without any issues? Noticed the thread on the update was full of folk having problems - just wondered if fellow hackintoshers with this board and config were haing the same problems??

Any tips/suggestions before I being the update, would be awesome!

(the app store with the little (1) is like a splinter in my mind - UPDATE, UPDATE!) :)

Cheers.

EDIT : Just saw the posts 2 up on this and I'm honestly thinking of not updating :(

Hi,

Update should work ok, just updated my bios to UEFI bios and ML to 10.8.2 with combo update.

1) Before reboot delete OEMSmbios.kext one of FakeSMC.kext plugins from S/L/E
2) Reinstall audio with Multibeast audio ALC889 without DSDT
3) Restart.

Only problem now boot and restart times increased by a few seconds, anyone had slower boot and restart with 10.8.2?

cheers!

Only problem now boot and restart times increased by a few seconds, anyone had slower boot and restart with 10.8.2?

Yeah, you need

AppleAHCIPort.kext
IOAHCIFamily.kext

from Lion to make startup faster.

Actually, on my rig, I needed those kexts from LION to make the system come up.:banghead:

Yeah, you need

AppleAHCIPort.kext
IOAHCIFamily.kext

from Lion to make startup faster.

Actually, on my rig, I needed those kexts from LION to make the system come up.:banghead:

Didnt work for me , works in 10.8.1 though. Now boot time went from 5 sec to 12 secs at the Apple logo screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back