Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhh i forgot about the desktop copy feature. got it, thanks.

trying to get my audio working.... cant seem to manage. any suggestions? ive got first rev of the ud3p.

ahhh i forgot about the desktop copy feature. got it, thanks.

trying to get my audio working.... cant seem to manage. any suggestions? ive got first rev of the ud3p.

That is the same board I have (and probably many of us on this thread). My audio works fine using Multibeast 5.0.2. I used the ALC 889 kext underneath the No DSDT Audio selections.

That is the same board I have (and probably many of us on this thread). My audio works fine using Multibeast 5.0.2. I used the ALC 889 kext underneath the No DSDT Audio selections.
i reinstalled them. switched to "Internal Speakers - Built In" in sysprefs and it works. thanks!

Made a bootable usb flashdrive thanx to my gskill falcon ssd. The UEFI update worked like a charm. Try to reinstall ML now....

The installation hangs. If I try to startup from the usb stick it hangs at the apple logo. I can only startup with -v -x, well sometimes. Now it hangs aswell. It just stops at:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
Com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address 50:e5 (etc...)

Just cannot get it running frustrating...

All right, finally made the jump to the UEFI BIOS. Currently, everything is running WAY better. Sleep, shutdown, restart, audio, Wi-Fi, USB 3.0, etc.

However, now my overclock isn't working. I have my clock speed set to 4.2 GHz and turbo mode is disabled. When I boot into 10.8.1, however, it just shows 3.4 in About This Mac. Any ideas?

All right, finally made the jump to the UEFI BIOS. Currently, everything is running WAY better. Sleep, shutdown, restart, audio, Wi-Fi, USB 3.0, etc.

However, now my overclock isn't working. I have my clock speed set to 4.2 GHz and turbo mode is disabled. When I boot into 10.8.1, however, it just shows 3.4 in About This Mac. Any ideas?

You test using MSRDumper.kext?
This is the best way to check if overclock is working.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/18407-msrdumper-gigabyte-testers-needed.html

Helloooooo from UEFI! Not gunna lie - I've never done a whole bunch of computer stuff (the hackint0sh was my first big venture) and deleting and installing a new bios via freedos from a flash drive... terrifying. Anyway, that's past now and things are going swimmingly. Wonder if somebody would care to post some Chameleon Wizard pictures - wondering what settings I need/don't need...

I used GeekBench and my score was at a third of what it was previously at. Pretty sure my overclock isn't working.

someone posted about this in the update thread. check this out. might help you.

--------------------------------

Lost my audio but install went smooth using the dmg. I noticed my geekbench scores were still down so I installed the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in MB and got them back up to 13k+. Even felt motivated to overclock to 40x to stabilize with speed a bit more. I'd call this a productive day

Configuration:
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Intel Core i7-2600K
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit
1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s
Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3A-BK 2.5" 60GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Corsair Carbide Series 400R
16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Corsair 650watt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back