Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone posted about this in the update thread. check this out. might help you.

--------------------------------

Lost my audio but install went smooth using the dmg. I noticed my geekbench scores were still down so I installed the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in MB and got them back up to 13k+. Even felt motivated to overclock to 40x to stabilize with speed a bit more. I'd call this a productive day

Configuration:
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Intel Core i7-2600K
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit
1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s
Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3A-BK 2.5" 60GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Corsair Carbide Series 400R
16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Corsair 650watt

That helped a bit, thanks! My About This Mac window still is showing up as 3.41 though, do you know how to fix that?

The installation hangs. If I try to startup from the usb stick it hangs at the apple logo. I can only startup with -v -x, well sometimes. Now it hangs aswell. It just stops at:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
Com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address 50:e5 (etc...)

Just cannot get it running frustrating...

I am getting this same error, does anyone have a solution? I have tried the boot flags

"GraphicsEnabled=No -F -v -x"

But it just hangs there...

Hmm, actually after installing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, my sleep isn't working again, it just hangs like before.

I installed the UEFI BIOS and got Lion up and running on that (no interest in updating to Mountain Lion yet) but I haven't got sound to work yet - I tried the no-dsdt alc889 kext from multibeast, but that didn't work. I tried the ALC8xx driver with the applehda rollback, I tried the dsdt version of the alc889 kext.... nothing worked. Any tips?

Hmm, actually after installing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, my sleep isn't working again, it just hangs like before.

You don't want to use the NullCPU.kext on this board. That kext is for boards that will not boot with appleCPUpowermanagment.kext
It will force your board to use maximal clock 100% of the time and when your CPU is overclocked this might and probably will cause long term damage from overheating.

Do you have overclocked SSDT installed?
As for your about this mac info. You can have overclock working without it showing up, as is the case with my overclock. If you really want it changed than you can do it manually by adding the following key-string value to the smbios.plist, but this is just a cosmetic fix.

Code:
<key>SMmaximalclock</key> 
<string>4200</string>

Like i said before the most accurate way to check your overclock's maximal clock, as well as proper stepping is to use MSRdumper under varying CPU loads.

I installed the UEFI BIOS and got Lion up and running on that (no interest in updating to Mountain Lion yet) but I haven't got sound to work yet - I tried the no-dsdt alc889 kext from multibeast, but that didn't work. I tried the ALC8xx driver with the applehda rollback, I tried the dsdt version of the alc889 kext.... nothing worked. Any tips?

Try deleting all the sound kexts and enablers from s/l/e
Repair permissions and rebuild chache. Reboot
Install non DSDT 889 HDA from current multibeast
Repair permissions and chache. Reboot

You don't want to use the NullCPU.kext on this board. That kext is for boards that will not boot with appleCPUpowermanagment.kext
It will force your board to use maximal clock 100% of the time and when your CPU is overclocked this might and probably will cause long term damage from overheating.

Do you have overclocked SSDT installed?
As for your about this mac info. You can have overclock working without it showing up, as is the case with my overclock. If you really want it changed than you can do it manually by adding the following key-string value to the smbios.plist, but this is just a cosmetic fix.

Code:
<key>SMmaximalclock</key> 
<string>4200</string>

Like i said before the most accurate way to check your overclock's maximal clock, as well as proper stepping is to use MSRdumper under varying CPU loads.

This is all that I'm getting from MSRdumper:

Code:
kernel[0]: MSRDumper: multiplier: 16

Yes I have an SSDT. Also, this is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>PCIRootUID</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>Theme</key>
	<string>Apple Default</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

@JR
Try deleting generatePstates from plist

edit:
oh yea make sure you have the BIOS settings listed here
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=60811

Tried that and it didn't work.

He says to check two settings:
Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech. and Real-Time Ratio Changes in OS. I'm pretty sure that I have the former enabled, but I think that the latter was removed when the UEFI BIOS came out?

Make sure chimera is picking up your SSDT.
So when you boot verbose does it say?
ACPI table found: SSDT.aml
Found ACPI CPU: CPU0
Found ACPI CPU: CPU1
Found ACPI CPU: CPU2
Found ACPI CPU: CPU3
Found ACPI CPU: CPU4
Found ACPI CPU: CPU5
Found ACPI CPU: CPU6
Found ACPI CPU: CPU7

or something like this

Status