Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I noticed a while ago that Lion (definitely 10.7.1, dont now about 10.7) thinks all my internal HDDs are all externals. I know about these fixes but is there any actual way to fix that? Any DSDT or real kexts fixes where we dont lose hot-swapping?

eighteesix said:
After installing the H60 with only one fan (i need more long screws for the other), I'm happily getting 52-57C under stress load. massive improvement :)

question. if i sandwich my H60 between two fans on the back of the case, should they both blow inward, towards the CPU? doesnt the back fan be default blow air out?

edit: i let it run for 30more min. it eventually ran up to 64C. im gonna add that other fan. not sure why its so high at stock settings. annoying
Ah, that's good.

I believe Corsair advise you to set it up as an intake actually, presumably so that it can draw in cool air from outside to blow over the radiator.

ellisbodds said:
I believe Corsair advise you to set it up as an intake actually, presumably so that it can draw in cool air from outside to blow over the radiator.

ive been wrestling with that idea. not sure how to approach it. i suppose i can just try both methods.

eighteesix said:
ellisbodds said:

ive been wrestling with that idea. not sure how to approach it. i suppose i can just try both methods.
I would set it up as an intake, otherwise it's using hot air from inside your case to cool the radiator, which isn't going to be as effective. But yeah, you can always try both methods and see which one you find most effective.

some of the eggheads over at overclockers.com have it in their heads that all the fans should blow out of the case. but your idea makes more sense.

i upgraded from sl to lion and had no audio , after running the multi beast for lion 4.x, but i ran the older one for sl 3.9 i think it was and now it is fixed

I have the same problem with 4.x. I tried it a few times, but i decided to go the same way (3.9) and it fixed it as well. I wanted to report it to the high powers but as long as 3.9 fixes it then i guess its koo :thumbup:

the same for 10.7.1....4.x didnt work but good ol' 3.9 did

some of the eggheads over at overclockers.com have it in their heads that all the fans should blow out of the case. but your idea makes more sense.

I also agree on this idea, my case is setup as intaking air from outside it, the highest i've seen with OC @4.2 ghz is low 60's (video encoding at 1080p) (i'm doing 4.2 becuz its the highest i can go without changing voltage, for the moment :mrgreen: . i mite try it the other way tho just to see what differs.

Hey, the fork in the discussion is a little off topic, but it's interesting.

What apps/techniques are you using to monitor temperature? What works best so far?

Anyone enabling SMART on the harddrives?

curious.

ive OC'd to 4.0ghz and im maxing at 56C. very nice.

temporallife said:

I also agree on this idea, my case is setup as intaking air from outside it, the highest i've seen with OC @4.2 ghz is low 60's (video encoding at 1080p) (i'm doing 4.2 becuz its the highest i can go without changing voltage, for the moment :mrgreen: . i mite try it the other way tho just to see what differs.
Is this referring to the radiator fans on a water cooling setup? Because that's what we were talking about, not case fans. With case fans the general consensus is that you want both intake and exhaust fans.
eighteesix said:
ive OC'd to 4.0ghz and im maxing at 56C. very nice.
Nice, stock voltage? I think I maxed out at 4GHz on stock voltage, and I'm at 4.5GHz now with 1.3V. That's where I'm going to keep it as well, nice round number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back