Graphics
MSI N460 GTX Hawk Talon 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone had success installing 10.8 with the GA-Z68X-UD5-B3? My system is running fairly well on 10.7.4, but I get an occasional kernel panic and sleep doesn't work. 10.8 has native kernel support for the i5/i7, so I'm thinking that might help?

Thanks!

Once into ML and you run mutil-beast use

Easy beast
With permissions

Audio/USB3.0 and Ethernet (Lnx2Macs worked for me)

That's it.

You said "Once into ML...." This is part of my question/concern. Did you run into any problems actually installing ML? Did you do a clean install or did you upgrade through the App Store in 10.7.4?

Hi, i have running ML successfully on my z68x-ud5-b3. Only the usb-problem after sleep (usb and pci devices are loses after sleep) i have. I use newest Bios and the newest DSDT of tonymacx86. Could someone get an tip, how to fix the sleep-usb-bug?

I can only report a few issues from the Z68X-UD7-B3 which seems to be fairly similar despite the VLI USB hubs.

The installation itself went fine, I had to reinstall audio, ethernet and trim enabler. The usual stuff.
You might have to recheck the content of your org.chameleon.Boot.plist depending of which MultiBeast option you use.

An AppleRTC.kext fix was also required, but it seems the one from MultiBeast does not work anymore. So initially I reinstalled the kext from 10.7.4
I´m still investigating though as I did it 15 minutes ago...

USB 3.0 didn´t even work on 10.7.4, but that´s most probably related to the different board layout. So I can´t say anything about the behaviour on ML.

If you should experience much longer boot times after the update you might want to reinstall your lion´s AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext, so better have them backed up.

I have the same board and didn't have any issue. Sleep works, everything works like in lion.

Hi smolderas, can you please tell me what kexts you are using or send us your Extra-Folder as zip?

Fresh install of SL, ran updatehelper, restarted, ran combo update, restarted, ran muti beast with DSDT user with standard options (I can provide options if needed) restarted done. Works great. Downloaded ML ran Uni-Beast ML. (I have a GTX 680 so for me "graphicsEnabler=no"

Everything loaded fine. I ran into issues and had to redue it several times due to wrong items checked in muti beast.
If i used user DSDT it would KP
If i used user and no DSDT it would KP
If I used FakeSMC and / or Bootload it would panic.

What worked for me and my board was. Easy, Repair permissions, Audio/USB/Lnx2mac's Ethernet.
Works great.
Except i had an issue with the APP store login. I fixed that with help from here using EFI studio and I had an issue where if i check TRIM for my SSD in muti beast i would lock up on the desktop. I found through OSx86 Groths.org he wrote a nice patch for SSD's works great and provides SMART monitoring.

Sure. I don't need to upload anything. I will just tell, what I have.

So first the bios settings. See the pictures I uploaded.
Yes I have ga-z68-ud5-b3 on F10 bios.

My org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
"
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=1</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
"

I have a custom DSDT based on the macman's dsdt plus some patches for internal SATA Drivers.
Then I have a self made SSDT. It won't work, because I have iMac12,2 as definition and I just have 16x and 44x. It doesn't bother me. There is a fix for it, but I dont need it.

my smbios.plist:
"
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>iMac</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>iMac12,2</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-942B59F58194171B</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C02FT7U2DHJP</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>
"

After clean ML install I just installed from multibeast 4.6.1 only following:
- Chimera
- Patched AppleHDA->ALC889
- Lnx2Mac's Realtek drivers
- trim enabler (for my ssd)

And I have only the following kexts:
- AppleHDA.kext (from Multibeast) needed for sound
- AppleRTC.kext (self patched, search for my post about it) needed for CMOS reset after reboot
- FakeSMC.kext (from HWMonitor git) needed :)
- IntelThermal.kext (from HWMonitor git) dont needed but good for thermal readings
- NouveauSensors.kext (from HWMonitor git) dont needed but good for thermal readings
- RealtekRTL81xx.kext (from Multibeast) needed for Ethernet
- SuperIOSensors.kext (from HWMonitor git) dont needed but good for thermal readings

And most importantly no NullIntelCPU crap...

For Lion I had a EFI for my SLI graphics and Ethernet (for appstore), but in ML I don't need them.

You know what, there you go. I uploaded all my kexts and my Extra folder. Be careful after extracting. Do chmod -R root:wheel * on kexts and after installing them run following:
"sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel; sudo kextcache -system-caches"

Attachments

• IMG_0210.JPG
    IMG_0210.JPG
    277.4 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    338.4 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    315.7 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_0213.JPG