Contribute
Register

GA-H170N-WIFI OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@cci[RR]us,

Looks like you somehow borked your config.plist (maybe using an older version of OCValidate?)

If it helps you can try my EFI instead for the Z170N-WIFI here for Monterey, updated to OC 0.8.4.
It is the correct OCvalidate. It reported yours as fully working, no errors :) except the lack of PlatformInfo, which is expected. Thanks for sharing!

I redownloaded wstrohm's EFI and tried to OCvalidate again. Same errors.

You have quite a few ACPIs that I don't currently have for my working OC 0.6.8 (Big Sur). Do you mind explaining what are they for?
  1. SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml (?)
  2. SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml (?)
  3. SSDT-GPU-SPOOF.aml (?)
  4. SSDT-i7-6700.aml (do I need an equivalent for my Skylake i5-6500?)
  5. SSDT-USBW.aml (?)
  6. SSDT-PLUG.aml (I have this)
  7. SSDT-EC-USBX.aml (I have this)
Also, what are these kexts for? I don't have them and everything seems to work fine.
  1. CpuTscSync.kext (?)
  2. FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext (I'm using onboard HD530 but w/o this)
  3. FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext (?)
  4. FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext (?)
  5. FakePCIID.kext (?)
  6. FeatureUnlock.kext (?)
  7. USBMapLegacy.kext (?)
  8. USBWakeFixup.kext (do you get issues from waking up w/o this?)
Thanks!

I redownloaded wstrohm's EFI and tried to OCvalidate again. Same errors.
Sorry about that; my Skylake computer ("Mini-ITX 2" below) was out of my hands for a while. It now contains OpenCore 0.8.5 and is in-house working fine on Monterey 12.6. If you are interested, here is the present EFI folder (less Generic numbers, but including my USBPorts.kext, which you might need to change. (I don't use OCValidate, which might be objecting to some of the deletions I have made of unused sub-categories.)

Attachments

• 0.8.5 Skylake EFI.zip
    5 MB · Views: 84
Sorry about that; my Skylake computer ("Mini-ITX 2" below) was out of my hands for a while. It now contains OpenCore 0.8.5 and is in-house working fine on Monterey 12.6. If you are interested, here is the present EFI folder (less Generic numbers, but including my USBPorts.kext, which you might need to change. (I don't use OCValidate, which might be objecting to some of the deletions I have made of unused sub-categories.)
Thanks, I will give it a try soon. Just to share, ocvalidate from OC 0.8.5 reports the same errors.
Code:
% ./ocvalidate ~/0.8.5\ Skylake\ EFI/OC/config.plist 

NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.8.5!

OCS: Missing key Cpuid1Data, context <Emulate>!
OCS: Missing key Cpuid1Mask, context <Emulate>!
OCS: Missing key DummyPowerManagement, context <Emulate>!
OCS: Missing key MaxKernel, context <Emulate>!
OCS: Missing key MinKernel, context <Emulate>!
OCS: Missing key AppleDebug, context <Debug>!
OCS: Missing key ApplePanic, context <Debug>!
OCS: Missing key DisableWatchDog, context <Debug>!
OCS: Missing key DisplayDelay, context <Debug>!
OCS: Missing key DisplayLevel, context <Debug>!
OCS: Missing key LogModules, context <Debug>!
OCS: Missing key SysReport, context <Debug>!
OCS: Missing key Target, context <Debug>!
OCS: Missing key Init, context <Serial>!
OCS: Missing key Override, context <Serial>!
Serialisation returns 15 errors!

Original path: PciRoot(0x0)Pci(0x2,0x0)
Path after internal conversion: PciRoot(0x0)
DeviceProperties->Add[1]->DevicePath is borked! Please check the information above!
CheckDeviceProperties returns 1 error!

PlatformInfo->Generic->SystemUUID is borked (Can only be empty, special string OEM or valid UUID)!
CheckPlatformInfo returns 1 error!

Completed validating ~/0.8.5 Skylake EFI/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. Found 17 issues requiring attention

@cci[RR]us

Okay. These are used as follows:
  1. SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.am
    - Nvidia HDMI audio out using PEG0
  2. SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml
    - alternate PLUG CPU power management SSDT from Dortania
  3. SSDT-GPU-SPOOF.aml
    - this is used for spoofing the DGPU particularly used with AMD GPUs like the RX550 but using RX580 settings
  4. SSDT-i7-6700.aml (do I need an equivalent for my Skylake i5-6500?)
    - SSDT for the i7-6700 cpu (yes you ideally need one generated using SSDTPrGen if system doesn't boot)
  5. SSDT-USBW.aml
    - used for USB device wake (same function as USBWakeup.kext)

6. SSDT-PLUG.aml (I have this)SSDT-EC-USBX.aml (I have this)
    - EC-USBX is Embedded Controller and USB power driver
    - SSDT-PLUG is a required SSDT for CPU power management/handling as part of OC build

Also, what are these kexts for? I don't have them and everything seems to work fine.
    1. CpuTscSync.kext
      - to allow the CPU to have better timing/compatibility/performance with the system
    2. FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext (I'm using onboard HD530 but w/o this)
      -older kext for Intel HDMI output use
    3. FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext
      - Intel 2.5Gbe LAN driver
    4. FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
      - some systems with MUX video chipsets need this to run
    5. FakePCIID.kext
      - FakePCIID driver required for running FakePCIID kexts
    6. FeatureUnlock.kext
      - used for unlocking new functions in later versions of Monterey/Ventura
    7. USBMapLegacy.kext
      - legacy USB map for older Skylake chipsets (some boards don’t work with USBInjectAll under Monterey)
    8. USBWakeFixup.kext (do you get issues from waking up w/o this?)
      - USB wake up kext fix and yes I do

Just to share, ocvalidate from OC 0.8.5 reports the same errors.
I know nothing about the OCValidate app, but perhaps it requires a match with either OC Release or OC Debug. FYI I only use OpenCore Release version, and I am in the habit of deleting config.plist items which are sub-items of categories that I do not use. In my config.plist, for example, in Kernel, I delete everything under Block, Force, Emuate, etc. I can see that might drive OCValidate crazy, but I really don't care, since booting is not affected.

I know nothing about the OCValidate app, but perhaps it requires a match with either OC Release or OC Debug. FYI I only use OpenCore Release version, and I am in the habit of deleting config.plist items which are sub-items of categories that I do not use. In my config.plist, for example, in Kernel, I delete everything under Block, Force, Emuate, etc. I can see that might drive OCValidate crazy, but I really don't care, since booting is not affected.
Unfortunately, your latest EFI doesn't work for me. After selecting the EFI, it just hangs there, no error messages. :(
As you used the RELEASE edition, I replaced the binaries with DEBUG, and then errors appear:
img_20221024_112412-jpg.556675

I have no idea why your EFI doesn't work for me. I simply replaced yours with my PlatformInfo. Thank you nevertheless!

Attachments

• IMG_20221024_112412.jpg
    IMG_20221024_112412.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Hey! Thank you so much for the description! I actually added them to the "Comments" in my config.plist. :D

I removed the SSDT-i7-6700.aml (which is currently Enabled = False) and added my PlatformInfo. It worked beautifully except for Sleep, my system woke up but not the video; and no WiFi for my DW1560. I'm using onboard HD530.

Thank you! :)

Edit: this was in Big Sur 11.7, before upgrading to Monterey 12.6.

Last edited:
Hey! Thank you so much for the description! I actually added them to the "Comments" in my config.plist. :D

I removed the SSDT-i7-6700.aml (which is currently Enabled = False) and added my PlatformInfo. It worked beautifully except for Sleep, my system woke up but not the video. I'm using onboard HD530.

Thank you! :)
I see! Thank you too, it’s nice to know my work is appreciated. :)

As for the sleep issue, maybe you could have a look at the Dortania guide under Troubleshooting > Fixing Sleep. They should have some fixes there that you could try.

I'm sure many of us here greatly appreciate the shared EFIs. That includes work from wstrohm and Middleman! Your work saved so much effort for the rest of us; we simply put in our PlatformInfo and enjoy the fruits of your labor! :D

@Middleman, your EFI worked well in Big Sur but when I updated to Monterey 12.6, I get some issues.

1. My secondary SATA SSD, and my USB drives, could be detected in System Report, but not shown in Disk Utility nor Finder. I fixed it by disabling "USBMapLegacy.kext" and "USBWakeFixup.kext"; I wasn't sure which caused the problem, though.

2. I'm using a BCM94352HMB (DW1560) WiFi BT. So I added "BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext" (just found out this won't work for Monterey!), "BrcmFirmwareData.kext", "BrcmPatchRAM3.kext". Boot up was super slow as it was waiting for the Bluetooth adapter somehow. The solution is to use "BlueToolFixup.kext" instead of "BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext".

3. No WiFi. I couldn't get WiFi to work in Big Sur too (before the upgrade). The solution is to I load "AirportBrcmFixup.kext" then "AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext" (get it from the AirportBrcmFixup.kext/Contents/Plugins) then the rest of the Bluetooth kexts.

Monterey appears to work fine now. If anyone is keen, I will share my EFI. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back