Contribute
Register

GA-H170N-WIFI OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic, much obliged to you. Thanks!

Finally got some time to work on this. Do you have audio working with the 0.7.4 OpenCore?

The system boots up and seems to work fine, except I show no devices in System Preferences > Sound. I've tried resetting the NVRAM and rebooting - same.

Thanks

Finally got some time to work on this. Do you have audio working with the 0.7.4 OpenCore?

The system boots up and seems to work fine, except I show no devices in System Preferences > Sound. I've tried resetting the NVRAM and rebooting - same.
The 0.7.4 OpenCore EFI folder was being used by my neighbor to boot the Skylake computer I built in 2016, and he used it to play "Rise of the Tomb Raider." He said all was normal. If you have "no devices" shown in System Preferences/Sound, you might want to run a diagnostic in Terminal on your System/Library/Extensions kext files. I had this problem on a different computer, and it turned out that "AppleHDA.kext" no longer had a valid Code Signature. I had to replace it with a later version from Mojave. You can check for that problem with the Terminal commands in this image:
Kextcache Check.jpg

If everything is okay there, you should get back a Terminal output something like this:
Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 9.15.06 AM.jpg

The above is a "normal" Terminal response in Mojave. In High Sierra, a "normal" response looks like the attached text file "High Sierra Terminal Response.txt."

If there is a problem, there will be a listing that might contain line or lines showing certain file(s) lacking a signature. In my case as I wrote above, it was "AppleHDA.kext." If you see something like that, post your Terminal readout here, and we will figure out the best course of action.

Attachments

• High Sierra Terminal Response.txt.zip
    1,020 bytes · Views: 34
Last edited:
Another possibility of a cause for "no audio devices" is that in EFI/OC/Kexts, "AppleALC.kext" needs to be replaced with a current version. I believe the one in my Skylake EFI folder is version 1.6.0. The latest version is 1.7.2. Don't know if that is the problem, but I've attached the latest version here.

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 40
Here it is, with my Platform "Generic" stuff deleted.

When I try this one, while booting from a USB2 port, I get:

AppleUSBHostPort: :createDevice: failed to create device (0xe00002bc)
AppleUSBHostPort::disconnect: persistent enumeration failures

00gauge,

Is your motherboard a "GA-H170N-WIFI," or a different one? Are you attempting to install Catalina, or something else? Did you input all the required "Generic" platform data into your config.plist?

Last edited:
My motherboard is GA-H170N-WIFI, was attempting to install Big Sur. Your previous EFI with High Sierra worked perfectly for me but this one is throwing the error. I did enter all the platform data.

Thanks for your reply. You should know that this sub-forum is for support of Catalina installation, not Big Sur, however that's not your problem, obviously. The Skylake computer my EFI folder was written for contains a Broadcom Bluetooth/Wifi card, and consequently has enabled kexts to support it. Don't know if your error indicates a Broadcom device is trying to "be created" but cannot because you don't have one of those, but just in case, I'm attaching an OpenCore version 0.8.4 EFI folder but with the Broadcom kexts disabled in the config.plist. (Generic data is also empty in this one.)

Attachments

• 0.8.4 Skylake EFI.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 64
... I'm attaching an OpenCore version 0.8.4 EFI folder but with the Broadcom kexts disabled in the config.plist. (Generic data is also empty in this one.)
I took your EFI and in your config.plist, filled in the missing PlatformInfo, but couldn't get it to work. When booting up, I get:

OC: Grabbed zero system-id for SB, this is not allowed
Halting on critical error

Then I performed OpenCore 0.84 ocvalidate on your config (filled in the missing PlatformInfo), I get the following errors:
Code:
% ./ocvalidate /Volumes/TEST\ EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist

NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.8.4!

OCS: Missing key Cpuid1Data, context <Emulate>!
OCS: Missing key Cpuid1Mask, context <Emulate>!
OCS: Missing key DummyPowerManagement, context <Emulate>!
OCS: Missing key MaxKernel, context <Emulate>!
OCS: Missing key MinKernel, context <Emulate>!
OCS: Missing key Init, context <Serial>!
OCS: Missing key Override, context <Serial>!
Serialisation returns 7 errors!

Original path: PciRoot(0x0)Pci(0x2,0x0)
Path after internal conversion: PciRoot(0x0)
DeviceProperties->Add[1]->DevicePath is borked! Please check the information above!
CheckDeviceProperties returns 1 error!

Completed validating /Volumes/TEST EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 4 ms. Found 8 issues requiring attention.

Do you have such issues?

I took your EFI and in your config.plist, filled in the missing PlatformInfo, but couldn't get it to work. When booting up, I get:

OC: Grabbed zero system-id for SB, this is not allowed
Halting on critical error

Then I performed OpenCore 0.84 ocvalidate on your config (filled in the missing PlatformInfo), I get the following errors:
Code:
% ./ocvalidate /Volumes/TEST\ EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist

NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.8.4!

OCS: Missing key Cpuid1Data, context <Emulate>!
OCS: Missing key Cpuid1Mask, context <Emulate>!
OCS: Missing key DummyPowerManagement, context <Emulate>!
OCS: Missing key MaxKernel, context <Emulate>!
OCS: Missing key MinKernel, context <Emulate>!
OCS: Missing key Init, context <Serial>!
OCS: Missing key Override, context <Serial>!
Serialisation returns 7 errors!

Original path: PciRoot(0x0)Pci(0x2,0x0)
Path after internal conversion: PciRoot(0x0)
DeviceProperties->Add[1]->DevicePath is borked! Please check the information above!
CheckDeviceProperties returns 1 error!

Completed validating /Volumes/TEST EFI/EFI/OC/config.plist in 4 ms. Found 8 issues requiring attention.

Do you have such issues?
@cci[RR]us,

Looks like you somehow borked your config.plist (maybe using an older version of OCValidate?)

If it helps you can try my EFI instead for the Z170N-WIFI here for Monterey, updated to OC 0.8.4.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.5 MB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back