Contribute
Register

GA-H170N-WIFI OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not sure i need to look inside my pc case but the video card that is intalled right now is this one NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB and this is the pc case im using BitFenix No Power Supply Mini-ITX Tower Case BFC-PHE-300-KKXKK-RP

You have plenty of room in that case for a much larger video card...

1423487827_IMG_465118.jpg

yes i just found out that the VisionTek AMD Radeon RX560 can fit on my pc case

The Visiontek one should fit in any system that can accept a video card. But you have lots of room in your case and don't need to limit yourself to such a little card.

Hi @wstrohm -what CPU do you have in your H170N please?

Is it the i7 6700 shown in your sig? I'm struggling to boot my machine with your EFI, the macOS installer causes the screen to go blank shortly after starting, but iirc I have an older Intel CPU (Core i3 6100). Video card is an Nvidia Quadra K600.

Thanks.

Last edited:
what CPU do you have in your H170N please?
Yes, It's an i7 6700 as shown below. That is a 6th-generation Intel CPU, same generation as yours, I think. If you upload the description of your computer, maybe we could see a difference that might matter.

the OC you've provided works very well for me. Do you have updated OC that works for Monterey?
The OC version I used was 0.7.4. The current version is 0.7.5, which should be used for Monterey, or so I have read. I am using 0.7.5 on my "Mini-ITX 1," Mini-ITX 3," and "Mini-ITX 4," and it works fine, but I am running all of those computers under MacOS Mojave, 10.4.6, build 18G9323. I downgraded "Mini-ITX 4" from Big Sur to Mojave for (1) compatibility with the HFS+ file system and (2) ability to play all my Cyan video games, some of which have 32-bit code in them. I have never updated to Monterey, but I'm sure OC 0.7.5 would work with it without any changes.

Hi,
Would you be able to post your working EFI for OpenCore 0.7.x / the GA-H170N please?

Thanks,

Steve

Would you be able to post your working EFI for OpenCore 0.7.x / the GA-H170N please?
Here it is, with my Platform "Generic" stuff deleted.

Attachments

• 0.7.4 Skylake EFI.zip
    11.2 MB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back