Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay, now I'm trying to install OpenCore 0.6.3 on a Skylake computer ("Mini-ITX 2" listed below). Attached is my current EFI folder, which results in an Apple icon but no progress bar. Have installed the latest kexts from GitHub, and created custom ACPI files as instructed. Obviously something is wrong, but I don't know what. Advice?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 154
Okay, now I'm trying to install OpenCore 0.6.3 on a Skylake computer ("Mini-ITX 2" listed below). Attached is my current EFI folder, which results in an Apple icon but no progress bar. Have installed the latest kexts from GitHub, and created custom ACPI files as instructed. Obviously something is wrong, but I don't know what. Advice?
I have given you your own thread

Thank you, Feartech. Attached below is the display with "-v" in the "bootarg" field of the OC config.plist. Can anyone de-crypt this? Or do I need more boot arguments besides "-v?"

Please note that this computer boots normally from Clover v R5119.
Skylake OC Fail.jpg

Last edited:
It could be a lot of things, such as missing kernel patches or incorrectly set Booter->Quirks
The troubleshooting page from the Dortania guide should help quite a bit.

Main thing to check for is if your board has MATs support or not (most firmwares compiled after ~2018 may have it - I've seen Kaby Lake/Skylake devices with it).

Okay, I went to the troubleshooting page, replaced the relevant "release" files with "debug" files, and set up the config.plist to provide a verbose listing of the startup process, which it did when I attempted to boot. About fourteen quadrillion lines of alphanumeric text zipped up the screen, the Apple icon came on (this time with an empty progress bar) and then all stopped. If there is a history of that somewhere, I don't know where it is. How do I find whatever "logs" were created, i.e. where are they? Are they on the USB flash drive somewhere, or on the SSD? Never mind, I found the text file on the EFI partition, attached below. I read through it; seems like no problem in OC but problem once turned over to AAPL. But then I'm no expert.

"Main thing to check for is if your board has MATs support or not"
I have no idea, nor do I know what that is. All my research for "MATs" or "MAT" or "MATS" online gets me mouse mats. This is not mentioned in any of the OpenCore material I have read.

Attachments

• opencore-2020-12-07-212005.txt.zip
    14.5 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Today I tried to capture a screen display which shows up for about 2 seconds. After OpenCore has finished its long process (in debug) of getting to its final display of the SSDs on my Skylake computer, I select the "Skylake 0" SSD and hit "Return." The attached image shows up, goes away, then the Apple icon shows up... and that's all. Maybe someone understands why MacOS does not start its progress bar?
Return Then Fail.jpg

Okay, I'm done. Clover R5119 works great on this Skylake machine, but I cannot make OpenCore 0.6.3 work. Attached is my latest OC debug report. If anyone can make anything out of it, have fun!

Attachments

• opencore-2020-12-09-004054.txt.zip
    14 KB · Views: 77
Okay, I'm done. Clover R5119 works great on this Skylake machine, but I cannot make OpenCore 0.6.3 work. Attached is my latest OC debug report. If anyone can make anything out of it, have fun!
bit pointless without your new OC folder and verbose output screenshot

Shortly after I gave up, OpenCore version 0.6.4 was released, so I gave it a try. This time, I went the long route and used PlistEditPro to create a config.plist. Unfortunately PlistEditPro listed all the Boolean parameters as "String," and that resulted in "failure to parse xxxxx" in the screenshots. So I changed all the "YES"/"NO" parameters to Boolean, which solved that problem. Again unfortunately, I no longer get a saved text readout of the verbose boot process on the root of the EFI folder, so I once again must take pictures of the screen. For the current state of things, I no longer get to the Apple icon at all. Attached is my current EFI folder, and if I have time, will add screenshots.
Skylake OC 0.6.4.JPG

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Shortly after I gave up, OpenCore version 0.6.4 was released, so I gave it a try. This time, I went the long route and used PlistEditPro to create a config.plist. Unfortunately PlistEditPro listed all the Boolean parameters as "String," and that resulted in "failure to parse xxxxx" in the screenshots. So I changed all the "YES"/"NO" parameters to Boolean, which solved that problem. Again unfortunately, I no longer get a saved text readout of the verbose boot process on the root of the EFI folder, so I once again must take pictures of the screen. For the current state of things, I no longer get to the Apple icon at all. Attached is my current EFI folder, and if I have time, will add screenshots.View attachment 500519
Your entire Booter section is missing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back