Contribute
Register

G4 Graphite mATX Build 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Rick,

I appreciate it, i will update eventually. BTW, which things should i check off in the multibeast? Or does it simply work out of the box?

- Mathias

I don't no yet since I haven't build a hackintosh with a z87 chipset.

Rick,

Alright,

I got a soundcard so thats working, and i got wifi via ethernet on my Macbook Pro. Now everything is working, sleep, screensavers, booting from the SSD in 10 seconds.

I only have one thing left. I have a HDD partitioned with a 250 gb left for Windows 7. How do i install Windows on that partition?

- Mathias

Hi again.

The system has been running on Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on a Haswell chip, and so far, after 3 weeks, i am really happy about it, and i havent had a single crash.

I went to a huge LAN party the other day, and it was a lot of fun. I got the system fully tested, as it was under full load for at whole weekend of gaming. It never went above 60 degrees celcius. About 300 people participated, and the G4 got some looks ;)

Anyway, my motherboard only supports a CPU-fan and a single system case fan. Anyone who has experience with making fansplitters at home?

Thanks for the help so far.

- Mathias

Hi again.

The system has been running on Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on a Haswell chip, and so far, after 3 weeks, i am really happy about it, and i havent had a single crash.

I went to a huge LAN party the other day, and it was a lot of fun. I got the system fully tested, as it was under full load for at whole weekend of gaming. It never went above 60 degrees celcius. About 300 people participated, and the G4 got some looks ;)

Anyway, my motherboard only supports a CPU-fan and a single system case fan. Anyone who has experience with making fansplitters at home?

Thanks for the help so far.

- Mathias

As for the fans, just put them in parallel. Some not too difficult soldering.

So here's another update. Today i aquired half a squaremeter of plexiglass, and started making a motherboard standoff plate. I was worried about cutting and drilling the plexi, but after a bit of research i began cutting. My plexi plate is about 3mm, and therefore it luckily didn't crack!

I then drilled holes for standoff's and carefully screwed them in. Im giving them a drop of epoxy too, just in case ;)

Anyway, here some pictures of the finished product. Next step: Aquire the hardware for the build. Also, as you see, the plate is for a mini-ITX board. Thats because i chooses that instead of the mATX, purely because of space ;)

Hello Makrja,

Awesome paint and mod!!! I am in the process to make one mod for my wife...:p

May I ask where you got the motherboard standoff measurements as you show on one of the picture? I've been searching for an accurate one and cannot seem to find one.

Thank you!:thumbup::thumbup:

Hi,

First of all, great idea with a build for your wife! Good luck with that, i am sure she will greatly appreciate it!
Secondly, the ITX template shown on the pictures is made by me in SmartSketch. If you want one for mATX and ATX, i have attached those, aswell as a PCI template.

Best regards, and happy modding!

- Mathias mobotray.jpgPCI Measure.jpgView attachment 70062View attachment 70062

Attachments

• Template fo da ITX baba.jpg
    Template fo da ITX baba.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 2,198
Hey... I just recently received a Power Mac G4 from a friend for free! I have no experience in building computers but I want to build a hackintosh with it... I've put together a component list for it, but I have no idea if they are compatible with hackintosh. Also, is there no way to fit in a cd drive where the original is?

PS I LOVE THE PAINT JOB. I MIGHT COPY

here is the component list:
-ASUS P8Z77-M LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

-Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I53570K

-WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache - WD10EZEX

-Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

-EVGA GeForce GTX650Ti Boost SuperClocked 2GB GDDR5 192bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI,DP, SLI Ready Graphics Card

-FSP Group Mini ITX / Micro ATX 80 Plus Bronze Certification 450W Power Supply (FSP450-60GHS(85)-R)

Hey... I just recently received a Power Mac G4 from a friend for free! I have no experience in building computers but I want to build a hackintosh with it... I've put together a component list for it, but I have no idea if they are compatible with hackintosh. Also, is there no way to fit in a cd drive where the original is?

PS I LOVE THE PAINT JOB. I MIGHT COPY

here is the component list:
-ASUS P8Z77-M LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

-Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I53570K

-WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache - WD10EZEX

-Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

-EVGA GeForce GTX650Ti Boost SuperClocked 2GB GDDR5 192bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI,DP, SLI Ready Graphics Card

-FSP Group Mini ITX / Micro ATX 80 Plus Bronze Certification 450W Power Supply (FSP450-60GHS(85)-R)

First of all, thanks for the compliment!

Secondly, i would swap the Asus board out for a gigabyte one. Other than that, i dont see any problems on this build. The i5 can get you far, and im satisfied with my 4670. Go for it, and feel free to write here on the forums with your upcoming problems. Cause trust me, there will be complications ;)

Mathias.

Hey thanks for responding so quickly! I checked with a friend who has experience building computers. He said that the ASUS has uefi thats a little better than Gigabyte (he also said something about BIOS with the asus), and that aside from that they're basically the same. So I decided to double check with you what the difference is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back