Contribute
Register

G4 Graphite mATX Build 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey thanks for responding so quickly! I checked with a friend who has experience building computers. He said that the ASUS has uefi thats a little better than Gigabyte (he also said something about BIOS with the asus), and that aside from that they're basically the same. So I decided to double check with you what the difference is.

ASUS is a fine board, among the best, but for Hackintoshes i'd go for Gigabyte. The gigabyte boards does not need DSDT's, as they work out of the box. Speedstepping with CPU's are also more supported.

Your friend is completely right about ASUS being better than gigabyte among Windows-based system, but for a hack, go Gigabyte.

Okay!

UPDATE!

I just got offered a MSI Radeon 5670 graphicscard, basically for free! (10 bucks)
How would i go about installing it in my running system? Currently on Mavericks 13A598.

- Mathias

Okay!

UPDATE!

I just got offered a MSI Radeon 5670 graphicscard, basically for free! (10 bucks)
How would i go about installing it in my running system? Currently on Mavericks 13A598.

- Mathias

Quoting myself here,

The MSI Radeon 5670 is working like a charm. I did not install anything, just plugged the baby in, and it worked. I tried Portal 2 on max settings, and it gave me steady 60 fps. It boots fine without any flags, and i could honestly not be happier about it!

The fan is blowing on full blast all the time, so i am thinking of modding the mount with some foam support. I'll let you know!

Attachments

• Beauty.jpg
    Beauty.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 353
  • Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 364
  • Plugged in.jpg
    Plugged in.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 376
  • ports.jpg
    ports.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 409
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 478
  • Working.jpg
    Working.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 398
Hey thanks for responding so quickly! I checked with a friend who has experience building computers. He said that the ASUS has uefi thats a little better than Gigabyte (he also said something about BIOS with the asus), and that aside from that they're basically the same. So I decided to double check with you what the difference is.

looks like Asus P8Z77-M is a good board but the Asus P8Z77-M Pro is only a few $ more and has better specs, this is why I choose the Pro model. i installed Mavericks without DSDT, it's just a matter of really looking into the specs necessary for a good stable build. Both GA and Asus share problems depending on incompatibility of some models, but support is great for both brands.

I guess I'm a sucker for updates and Asus is quick to fix issues I've had in the past. my P8Z77-M Pro runs Win 8, Win 8.1 and OSX 10.9 on 3 separate drives... and it works perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back