Contribute
Register

Fix Sleep on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphics is under PEGP which isn't correct. Recommend renaming PEGP to GFX0 and use a SSDT to inject appropriate Ports. Use the code below.

Code:
change PEGP to GFX0
Find <50454750>
Replace <47465830>

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "GFX0_HDAU", 0)
{
    External(_SB_.PCI0.PEG0, DeviceObj)
    External(_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.GFX0, DeviceObj)
    Scope(_SB.PCI0.PEG0)
    {
        Scope(GFX0)
        {
            Method (_DSM, 4)
            {
                If (!Arg2) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 }) }
                Return (Package()
                {
                    "@0,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "@1,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "@2,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "@3,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "@4,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "@5,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "hda-gfx", Buffer () { "onboard-2" },
                })
            }
        }
        Device(HDAU)
        {
            Name(_ADR, 1)
            Method(_DSM, 4)
            {
                If (!Arg2) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 }) }
                Return (Package()
                {
                    "hda-gfx",Buffer() { "onboard-2" },
                })
            }
        }
    }
}
//EOF

I think I learned that I need to compile that second code snippet you gave me with MaciASL but that either gave me two errors or it compiled for hours. Gladly I found a precompiled one here Fix Sleep on Sierra in Post 434 or something.

So with that I think I got it working. Unfortunately after waking from sleep the display gets no input and the usb hub of the display still wakes the pc.

Strange though: While I think in ioreg gfx0 is fine, opening that .aml gives me a decompile error

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    3.7 MB · Views: 110
I think I learned that I need to compile that second code snippet you gave me with MaciASL but that either gave me two errors or it compiled for hours. Gladly I found a precompiled one here Fix Sleep on Sierra in Post 434 or something.

So with that I think I got it working. Unfortunately after waking from sleep the display gets no input and the usb hub of the display still wakes the pc.

Strange though: While I think in ioreg gfx0 is fine, opening that .aml gives me a decompile error

Correct. Graphics is now showing under GFX0 test with another monitor or TV how are you connecting your monitor?

I have a problem waking from sleep, no video signal:
Code:
$ pmset -g log | grep -i failure
2017-05-08 06:49:17 +0200 Failure                 Darkwake Exit Failure during wake due to 0x34053005000032:                              
2017-05-08 07:05:54 +0200 Failure                 Darkwake Exit Failure during wake due to 0x34053000000032:

Otherwise, everything seems to be working.

ioreg and clover are attached.

Attachments

• CLOVER_12.05.17.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
  • ioreg.12.05.17.zip
    748.1 KB · Views: 97
I'm using onboard graphic, same issues with sleep issues. It will reboot my system after sleep.

I had same issue.
First time with a front panel usb box (removed, solved sleep).
After (another build) due to bluetooth integrated,,, removed kext.. solved problems. I disabled too usb3.0 and bought an PCIe Card with usb 3.0 (Inateck® PCI-E 2-Port USB3.0 Express Card 2 USB3.0)
Now sleep/awake flawlessy.

FYI SSDT-LPC is useless without change _DSM to XDSM in ACPI, DSDT, Patches in config. Native Powermanagement isn't implemented. SATA is coming under SAT0 should be SATA not SAT0, need to rename HDAS to HDEF, Theres no SMBUS neither. XHC has no AAPL Values. Use Patches from acpi_dsdt_patches.plist don't use change GFX0 to IGPU. You need Rename HDAS to HDEF, change _DSM to XDSM, change _OSI to XOSI, change SAT0 to SATA along with SSDT-HACK, SSDT-MCHC, SSDT-SATA, SSDT-SMBUS, SSDT-XHC. Once done attach your work. https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Series-100-Patches

I used your SSDT-EC, LPC, MCHC, SATA, SMBUS and XHC my sierra can sleep without error.
Before i use your suggest and SSDT my sleep always error when deep sleep.

Thanks VioletDragon

I used your SSDT-EC, LPC, MCHC, SATA, SMBUS and XHC my sierra can sleep without error.
Before i use your suggest and SSDT my sleep always error when deep sleep.

Thanks VioletDragon

Patches are there to fix problems. No ioreg is attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back