CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I also have problems with sleep rebooting instead of waking. I have generated SSDT with ssdtPRgen and using Nvidia Web Driver, although it is the same with OSX graphics driver. Would be obliged if someone could take a peak at my configs and let me know if I can fix this.
Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• archive.zip
    725.7 KB · Views: 39
Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini
CPU
I7-8700T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, everyone. I've searched for answers and this thread seems to be the most relevant. Sleep (and virtually everything else) works great on my Thinkpad T61 running El Capitan, but Sleep doesn't work with Sierra 10.12.6. When I attempt to Sleep by pressing Fn-F4, the screen blacks, but the system doesn't sleep and I can't wake it. The only way to recover is to force shutdown with the power button. My problem report files are attached. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help.

• Clover (Legacy) 4439
  • SMBIOS MacBook Pro 6,1

Attachments

• Problem Report.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
Motherboard
Gigabyte B250M-Gaming 3-F
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 970
I am having the same issue. (Sleep for few seconds then wake...). I am having iMac14,2.
my ioreg file is attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• cmqqiu iMac.ioreg
    9.9 MB · Views: 93
Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini
CPU
I7-8700T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am having the same issue. (Sleep for few seconds then wake...). I am having iMac14,2.
my ioreg file is attached. Thanks!
With El Capitan, I fixed the "instant wake problem" by applying @RehabMan's USB patch (in my case, the 0x0d patch): https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/tree/master/usb.

That is not the problem I have with Sierra, so our problems are different. In my case, when I try to sleep with Sierra, the screen blacks, but the laptop never sleeps completely and I can't unblack the screen. I have to force a shutdown with the power button to recover.

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini
CPU
I7-8700T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
With El Capitan, I fixed the "instant wake problem" by applying @RehabMan's USB patch (in my case, the 0x0d patch): https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/tree/master/usb.

That is not the problem I have with Sierra, so our problems are different. In my case, when I try to sleep with Sierra, the screen blacks, but the laptop never sleeps completely and I can't unblack the screen. I have to force a shutdown with the power button to recover.

Edit: Sleep started working perfectly after I deleted sleepimage and `pmset hibernate mode 0`

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X v8-BK4K4P
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1070
Edit: Sleep started working perfectly after I deleted sleepimage and `pmset hibernate mode 0`

My issue was that when I turned off my monitor and turned it back on it would stay off. I just deleted sleepimage (which was actually a folder I created as per a guide) and also did 'pmset hibernatemode 0' then rebooted and now my monitor appears to wake up. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it or not!

Motherboard
Z170N Gaming5 - 23f
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the Z170x Gaming 5 with MSI GTX 1070, with darkwake=0 it sleeps just fine but when I try to "bring it back to life" display and everything comes on, I see my desktop background and all the icons, cursor etc but it's totally frozen and nothing works until I hard power it off and power it on again. Any ideas?

Motherboard
Z170N Gaming5 - 23f
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.

Hi BreBo and thank you for your time, another forum member prompted me to also include a copy of my error messages (kernel) etc so I will go ahead and post those here as well and maybe if you have some time you can give me some insight on what to do.

I have also updated my system information on my profile here.

Again thanks for your time. :)

Attachments

• kernel_panic_files.zip
    391.3 KB · Views: 33
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i5 9400F
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@VioletDragon - Hope ok to post here as problem is with High Sierra....

Sleep not working in 10.13.6

I think I have enabled native power management correctly following the guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

Power management screen now looks like this:

Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 13.36.42.png

Sleep does not work, screens go black, fans stop spinning then machine immediately powers back up.

I've attached ioreg, clover and screen shot of power states output in terminal (I dont know how to interpret the data)

Can you help me fix sleep? I notice also that since enabling native power management with the SSDT I dont have the option to set a timer for sleep, only "Turn display off after:"

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 29