Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh - Kernel Panic While Installing OSX Yosemite! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had checked off ALC1150 and Optional EFI installed Bootloader Support when I ran those drivers through MultiBeast. But keep in mind I replaced it back to the native AppleHDA.kext file after we said the patched applehda.kext configurator required the native file.

As you have the native kext in place, follow the guide for patching it.

When launching OSX UEFI on boot (clover) launches this in (-v) verbose mode, and hangs on missing blue tooth controller.
View attachment 132583

Hi Jithin,

I've been using my hackintosh for over a year now no updates to software, I was stupid and accidentally updated the software update for osx yosemite in the app store... now when booting it will load the apple screen and then just restart. any ideas on how to reverse the update or to solve?

As you have the native kext in place, follow the guide for patching it.

Hi Jithin,

I've been using my hackintosh for over a year now no updates to software, I was stupid and accidentally updated the software update for osx yosemite security update 10.10.5 in the app store... now when booting it will load the apple screen and then just restart. any ideas on how to reverse the update or to solve?

Your Nvidia Web Driver needs to be updated after the security update.

In your Boot Args replace "nvda_drv=1" with "nv_disable=1" (or add "nv_disable=1" if the former is not there).
Update your Nvidia Web Drivers and reverse the Boot Args.

Hi Jithin,

I've been using my hackintosh for over a year now no updates to software, I was stupid and accidentally updated the software update for osx yosemite security update 10.10.5 in the app store... now when booting it will load the apple screen and then just restart. any ideas on how to reverse the update or to solve?

As mentioned by BreBo, try booting with "nv_disable=1" instead of "nvda_drv=1".

Also you can try booting with your processor graphics/integrated graphics.

Post results.

I had this issue (kernal panic with bluetooth) trying to install El Capitan on Skylake. I already had installed Sierra on a different SSD with no issue.

What worked and fixed it for me was disabling serial port in the bios.

Didn't seem to bother Sierra but turning that off allowed me to get El Capitan on a separate SSD.

I had this issue (kernal panic with bluetooth) trying to install El Capitan on Skylake. I already had installed Sierra on a different SSD with no issue.

What worked and fixed it for me was disabling serial port in the bios.

Didn't seem to bother Sierra but turning that off allowed me to get El Capitan on a separate SSD.

Having Serial Port enabled in BIOS is known to cause kernel panics relating to IOBluetoothFamily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back