Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh - Kernel Panic While Installing OSX Yosemite! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z97X-SLI 2 WAYS SLI & CROSSFIREX SATA 6GB/S USB 3.0 ATX
CPU
INTEL CORE I7-4790K 4.0 GHZ 8MB INTEL SMART CACHE LGA
Graphics
SUPERCLOCKED ACX EVGA NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys, First time hackintosher here, I have a 2009 Macbook Pro i'm using that I can use to install the OSX to the drive. I just received my build I specified the parts through cyberpowerpc for my system and I'm having issues trying to install OSX Yosemite to the new hackintosh build. I'm using tonymacx86 guide and UniBeast 5.1.0 / MultiBeast Yosemite 7.2.0 partitioned and loaded onto a 8gb flash drive. I do currently have windows 8.1 installed on the HDD drive not on the SSD.

ISSUE:

After booting into Chimera load screen, I select the USB where Yosemite is
I load up about 1/5 of the way and then became stuck at Apple logo screen.

At first I tried adjusting in the BIOS
VT-D=Disabled

I tried running -v (verbose)
and would arrive and get stuck at this:

[IOBluetoothHCIController[start]completed
[IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState= calling registerService

****[IOBluetoothHCIController][ProcessBluetoothTransportShowsUpActionWL] -- Connected to the transport succ-

so I tried to disconnect the cable that connects the bluetooth/wireless card.

I ran -v and would now get stuck at[IOBluetoothHCIController[start]completed

so I tried running-x -v nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

I was able to bypass the Apple grey loadout screen and was able to partition my SSD.

Once I agreed and began installing it to the SSD, It would install with about 7-8 minutes left and then I would receive a kernel panic. :banghead:

IMG_9467.jpg

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!
:):):)

Here's my Build Specs Below:

• Case: BLACK/WHITE NZXT SOURCE 340 MID TOWER GAMING CASE
  • MB: GIGABYTE Z97X-SLI 2 WAYS SLI & CROSSFIREX SATA 6GB/S USB 3.0 ATX
  • CPU: INTEL CORE I7-4790K 4.0 GHZ 8MB INTEL SMART CACHE LGA
  • RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1600MHZ DDR3
  • GPU: SUPERCLOCKED ACX EVGA NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB
  • PSU: CORSAIR CX600M 80 PLUS 600W CX SERIES BRONZE MODULAR PSU
  • HDD: WD 1 TB CAVIAR BLUE SATA III 6.0 GB/ 7200 RPM <-- Windows 8.1 install
  • SSD2: SAMSUNG 850 EVO SERIES 120GB SSD 2.5" SATA III<-- Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10 install
  • Monitor1: ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q Gaming Monitor
  • Monitor2: Dell U2412M Monitor
  • Keyboard & Mouse: KEYBOARD COOLERMASTER STORM DEVASTATOR BLUE LED GAMING KB & MOUSE
  • USB: HP 8gb USB 2.0 flash drive
  • FAN: COOLERMASTER HYPER 212 EVO GAMING COOLING FAN
  • Bluetooth & Wireless: GIGABYTE PCI-E 802.11 AC + BLUETOOTH

At first I tried adjusting in the BIOS
VT-X=Disabled

You have to disable VT-D not VT-x.

-x -v nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

I was able to bypass the Apple grey loadout screen and was able to partition my SSD.
Once I agreed and began installing it to the SSD, It would install with about 7-8 minutes left and then I would receive a kernel panic. [/FONT]:banghead:
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!

Boot with "nv_disable=1 -no-zp GraphicsEnabler=No"

Sorry I meant the VT-D is disabled in the BIOS, not the VT-X.

Hello, I have a similar issue. We have almost identical hardware. We have the same MB, same RAM, and same video card except mines in not OC. Any luck?

Hello, I have a similar issue. We have almost identical hardware. We have the same MB, same RAM, and same video card except mines in not OC. Any luck?

If you are facing issues while installation or post installation then it is better to open new thread to avoid confusions.

What is the issue you are facing.??

This worked! Thanks so much!! I was able to get into post installation! :thumbup::headbang:

But now I have another issue, I have to enter nv_disable=1 -no-zp GraphicsEnabler=No
everytime in order to bypass getting stuck at the apple logo screen again. Once I am in OSX yosemite and try to move my mouse around and to open multibeast, there is so much lag and also the graphics are really low resolution. I'm assuming this issue has to do with my GTX970 graphics card drivers? Should I open a new thread?

This worked! Thanks so much!! I was able to get into post installation! :thumbup::headbang:

But now I have another issue, I have to enter nv_disable=1 -no-zp GraphicsEnabler=No
everytime in order to bypass getting stuck at the apple logo screen again. Once I am in OSX yosemite and try to move my mouse around and to open multibeast, there is so much lag and also the graphics are really low resolution. I'm assuming this issue has to do with my GTX970 graphics card drivers? Should I open a new thread?

You don't want to open a new thread until completing installation.

Download and install the NVIDIA Webdriver, so that the QE/CI will enable for your graphics card.

Also install Multibeast with proper selection for your build. Then check the booting without any flags, if it is not booting then boot only with flag -v and post photo of the frozen screen.

You don't want to open a new thread until completing installation.

Download and install the NVIDIA Webdriver, so that the QE/CI will enable for your graphics card.

Also install Multibeast with proper selection for your build. Then check the booting without any flags, if it is not booting then boot only with flag -v and post photo of the frozen screen.

I can't even enter the osx now by means of entering any of the previous bootflags. when entering -v I get stuck at
**** [ioBluetoothHCIController] [SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!
Resetting IOCatalougue.

IMG_9483.jpg

I've downloaded the web driver from this site for 10.10.2, to my usb stick.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301416-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-yosemite/
by Vampirexx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back