Contribute
Register

First Build: How many choices do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all again.

Thank you all for your help. I think I will give the hack a try this afternoon.

I opted to flash the bios on my current Asrock Z68. The flash went just fine, so I plan to make a clean install on a spare HDD I have around.

Just a few last points before I start:

-since I flashed the bios with the modded 2.20 version... I shouldn't have problems about sleep, stop and so on right? And in case, should I erase the "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext" file?

-Are the "System Definitions" important in Multibeast? How do they affect the installation?

Thanks again!

If you flashed your BIOS with one from http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asrock/z68/ then you can delete the NullCPUPM kext. You don't need it anymore.
System definitions are if you want to try to match the closest mac hardware to what your actual hardware is. If the closest match for your hardware is an iMac 12,2 then you could try that system definition if you want. Make sure you have a bootable clone and test on the clone for system definitions, as the wrong definition can result in an unbootable build.
Most stay with the Mac Pro3 system definition. It generally gives the best overall results.

Thank you again, Going Bald :)

After a few hiccups I managed to have a bootable, clena install of ML with this Asrock Z68. I also got OSX to properly recognize and use my 560 Ti, albeit I didn't run any benchmarks or games yet.

I guess the last point to solve is my ethernet card (Broadcom BCM57781).

Both multibeast drivers and a dedicated kext file found on the forum (installed with Kext Drop) failed to make it work.

When I browse the system information menu it finally says that an "unknown" ethernet adapter IS indeed present, but I can not configure it in system preferences.

What am I doing wrong? What else can I try?

I guess the last point to solve is my ethernet card (Broadcom BCM57781).

Both multibeast drivers and a dedicated kext file found on the forum (installed with Kext Drop) failed to make it work.

When I browse the system information menu it finally says that an "unknown" ethernet adapter IS indeed present, but I can not configure it in system preferences.

What am I doing wrong? What else can I try?

Google is going to have to be your friend here. I don't know of any Broadcom NICs working other than the official ones in real Macs. Not sure if there is an answer for you that you can be happy with.

Google is going to have to be your friend here. I don't know of any Broadcom NICs working other than the official ones in real Macs. Not sure if there is an answer for you that you can be happy with.

I'm happy to say that now my actual build look like fully functioning ( booting, using the vga correctly enough to run Unigine Heaven, using my apple id on the AppStore and so on.... ) :D

I found the correct kext for the Network here , if anyone with the same board were wondering ;)

Now I have to make the "Stop" ( or sleep ) mode work. Now it simply shuts the monitor down but the computer stays on.
But I think I'll find some usefull guide on this forum...

Thanks again to everyone who answered my questions, having someone to guide you in this kind of projects is so helpfull! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back