Contribute
Register

Final Cut crash with Vega 64 & fans always at high speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
@iosonofigo

I bet your 10.4 is not working full. Just try the stabilize function, you will see Card is then running with 100% and System is freezing.

@iosonofigo

I bet your 10.4 is not working full. Just try the stabilize function, you will see Card is then running with 100% and System is freezing.

He kinda said that in his last post.

Also H.265 is working fine. This is only about H.264, that crashes can occur.

I hope there will be a fix. Our Vega Performance is far behind that what Vega 56/64 is performing on a iMac Pro (Geekbench OpenCL almost 300000 points)

I hope there will be a fix. Our Vega Performance is far behind that what Vega 56/64 is performing on a iMac Pro (Geekbench OpenCL almost 300000 points)

I find it highly unlikely that the downthrottled iMac Pro GPU performs 100.000 (nearly 1/3 faster) better then a Vega Frontier.

Sorry, but the score you found is not realistic in any way.

EDIT: A quick google search gave me this link: http://barefeats.com/hic2_nv_vs_vega.html
This is purely speculation, but probably in the ballpark - and highly realistic (imo).

I find it highly unlikely that the downthrottled iMac Pro GPU performs 100.000 (nearly 1/3 faster) better then a Vega Frontier.

Sorry, but the score you found is not realistic in any way.

EDIT: A quick google search gave me this link: http://barefeats.com/hic2_nv_vs_vega.html
This is purely speculation, but probably in the ballpark - and highly realistic (imo).
Yeah. Not sure where the other poster got that number.

The barefeats graph seems about right. I get about 175k OpenCL with my Vega 64 in a hack on 10.13.3 and about 205k using Metal.

my vega 64 After using the latest WhateverGreen.kext score should be normal
Recent test
opencl score 215967
metal score 201192
屏幕快照 2018-01-02 下午7.20.27.png

I had the same issue with the fan (Vega 64 LCE) in 10.13.2 and was able to work around this embracing issue by disabling the HD4000 iGPU. After logging in the fan spins down again.

EDIT: Does fix it sometimes.

Last edited:
my vega 64 After using the latest WhateverGreen.kext score should be normal
Recent test
opencl score 215967
metal score 201192
View attachment 303104
That's a really good opencl score. What's the date on your WhateverGreen version? I get back home the end of this week so I'll have a wait a few days to try.

Are there any news related to Vega in Hackintosh? I still have the problem that my Frontier LCS in 10.13.2 is a lot louder than in 10.13.0. (Fan) I see some activities on GPU in IDLE to.

If I compare the openCL scores in Geekbench with a real iMacPro and Vega 64 the iMacPro is in some things much better. For example, I got a score of 337345 (14.9 Gpixel/sec) in Sobel, the real iMacPro with less clock on GPU is having there a score of 405421 (17.9 Pixel/sec). So there must be some reason why our Vega Cards not performing like in the iMacPro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back