Contribute
Register

Final Cut crash with Vega 64 & fans always at high speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try to disable the iGPU?

Did you try to disable the iGPU?

My main High Sierra Install has always been with disabled iGPU. I did try on another installation to run the iGPU partially (to get FCP X fully functional with "certain" files"), but it's the same fan speed on both.

I can only think it's something that differs with ourconfig.plist, SSDT, DDST (i dont have any of these configured - I think).

Anyone use Vega 64 Water Cooled edition? This shouldn't have the fan issue since it has a radiator.

Anyone use Vega 64 Water Cooled edition? This shouldn't have the fan issue since it has a radiator.

it doesnt, but neither does my vega fe ;)

I own the XTX (Liquid) and it has the same problem - although it is a lot quieter when the bug occurs.

I have a XFX Vega64 liquid. Everything works fine, the fan is quiet, it seems to change the speed at the load. The only thing is that the FCPX does not want to export in compressed formats hevc h264 h265. ProRes working perfectly!

This is funny, for me its the other way around... FCPX is exporting ProRes and H.265 (10 bit), but not H.264. On the other hand, that's is not really a problem. I usually use ProRes for archive purposes and use HandBrake for Deployment - due to its massive encoding options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back