Contribute
Register

FakePCIID: Broadcom BCM57XX network OOB

Status
Not open for further replies.
smertrios,

Try the attached kext, I added your device id 14e4:167b.

I'm formatting now and trying on a vanilla 10.10.2 install - I'll keep you posted. Just as an aside...the 750ti works great as expected! Put the web drivers on last night with a usb drive just to make sure.

Ok...good news and bad news... added
Code:
[URL="https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads"]FakePCIID.kext[/URL]
latest release and the kext you attached to the latest post. I see ethernet and ethernet 2 (the 5755 is a dual port NIC) in systemprefs/network. Bad news is status:Cable Unplugged. I'm attaching ioreg for reference.

BTW: I appreciate your assistance

Attachments

• christopherrohde’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 180
Unsure if anything can be done to fix "cable unplugged". Only people experiencing the issue could test that.
Until now I have removed such cards from the supported list.

You could try and set the duplex and speed in the network config -> advanced -> hardware manually.

Also check /var/log/system.log for indications why "cable unplugged" would be showing.

Ran into a snag with troubleshooting the networking. The 750ti is very unstable on the nvidia web drivers I had. It looks like they came out with an update on 2/27, not sure if that's the problem. I can't even open a finder window, or drill down into multi-layer menu, hence I can't get to the advanced/hardware settings in systemprefs/networking. It's weird because the system reports all the correct info for the nvidia card, but its definitely not working right.

I have a Netlink BCM57785 with a vendor/device id of 14e4,165b. I don't see it on the list of supported devices, but I also do not see anyone reporting this particular card as not working specifically.

The 2-16 build of FakePCIID and the bcm kext do not seem to work for me; system profiler says there are no Ethernet cards. Can anything be done, or is this device incompatible?

I have a Netlink BCM57785 with a vendor/device id of 14e4,165b. I don't see it on the list of supported devices, but I also do not see anyone reporting this particular card as not working specifically.

The 2-16 build of FakePCIID and the bcm kext do not seem to work for me; system profiler says there are no Ethernet cards. Can anything be done, or is this device incompatible?

165b is not in the IONameMatch of the kext, but you could add it and see what happens.

5b was a typo. my device/vendor id is 14e4,16b5, which does appear to be in IONameMatch. FakePCID was failing to load. I fixed an error with my config and now I have working ethernet with the 2/16 release with no changes to either .kext.

You can add Netlink BCM57785 to your list of working devices.

Shinzon,

14e4,165b (NetXtreme BCM5723 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe) is not in the kext plist currently. Are you saying you added it and it is working?

b5 not 5b, haha. Clearly, I'm dyslexic. :)

It's already in IONameMatch:

Code:
<string>pci14e4,16b5</string>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back