Contribute
Register

FakePCIID: Broadcom BCM57XX network OOB

Status
Not open for further replies.
The device id's I added are an educated guess, since obviously I do not have all these devices to test.
So it could be possible to either your device does not work, or that I did not add devices which are supported.

Its trial and error for every user. However with feedback like yours we can update the list more precisely.

I found a fix for 10.10 using clover for this card.
Ethernet Broadcom BCM57780 Working BCM5722D.kext
I hope someone will find it useful.

Thank you guys.

Hey there,

I've been having problems with my system in getting my Broadcom BMC5785 working. My device ID is 14e4 16b5, and I have added both the vanilla kext in this thread as well as the two FakePCIID kexts, but I'm still having no luck. My ethernet connection doesn't show up at all in System Preferences, and when I look at the loaded kexts in System Profiler, I have only the FakePCIID kext loading. Both the Broadcom and FakePCIIDBroadcom kexts are not loaded. I was wondering if there were any suggestions? What kind of information should I post to be helpful?

Thanks!

Hey there,

I've been having problems with my system in getting my Broadcom BMC5785 working. My device ID is 14e4 16b5, and I have added both the vanilla kext in this thread as well as the two FakePCIID kexts, but I'm still having no luck. My ethernet connection doesn't show up at all in System Preferences, and when I look at the loaded kexts in System Profiler, I have only the FakePCIID kext loading. Both the Broadcom and FakePCIIDBroadcom kexts are not loaded. I was wondering if there were any suggestions? What kind of information should I post to be helpful?

Thanks!

Do a fresh install to restore your networking kexts to vanilla. There is no "vanilla kext" in this thread.

Hey Rehabman,

Sorry for taking long to reply, I got caught up in work and all. Your suggestion did the trick, and it's working perfectly now! Thanks a bunch.

Does not work for me

OSX 10.10.3
BCM57781
Z77 Extreme 4

Steps taken:

1. Paste FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10
2. Enable kext injection
9tI1DMl.png

3. Reboot!

Check my IOreg dumps

EDIT: It works now after a couple of reboot

Attachments

• z77.ioreg
    4.4 MB · Views: 111
169A, DPCIManager tells me.
I tried adding it in the .plist file, with no success... But I am no expert.

Note: Two places to add it...

Thanks.
I inserted the device ID both places in the .plist file, and driver loads.
However, the card behaves strange. The Ethernet interface was automatically added to the Network panel in System Preferences. However, the cable always shows up as unplugged. When it is connected the orange led lights up, indication power in the cable, sometimes periodically - blinking. And the green light indicating communication lights up sporadically. Very odd. I guess the network interface might be non-working, unless the BCM5786 is not completely compatible.

The system console keeps putting out:
11/12/15 10:49:33.000 PM kernel[0]: AppleBCM5701Ethernet [en2]: 0 0 timeoutOccurred: recovering from dropping link-up change interrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back