i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS, Other
I am still using Yosemite for FCPX
Same here on my Z87X-OC + R9 380 as it runs flawlessly but suffers the same bug in El Capitan/Sierra as these RX 4XX. I have thought several times about switching it out for a 980 and upgrading yet for 1) I'm not willing to give up on finding out the reason why things have changed since Yosemite and 2) It just works so well where it is with no added cost.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
Asus ROG Strix 1070 OC
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Fresh install of 10.12.3, I did everything to get full acceleration but my system refuses to use my RX 480 graphics even when I inject ATI.

As you can see by my the screenshots, my system registers the card and says it's supported but when you go 'About this Mac' it refuses to use it.

Any ideas?

10.12.3rx480.png

[SOLVED] by using only Inject EDID.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asrock x99 Xtreme 4
CPU
Intel Xeon 2683 v3
Graphics
XFX rx480
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi guys! Does anybody work the final cut 10.3, 10.3.1 or 10.3.2 in saw 10.2.3 with rx 480 XFX ??? Is that when I give to new project always shut down the program and gives me the error report. With the final cut 10.2 does not happen, it works correctly but I would like to use the latest update because it is more optimized and I like it more!:p

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi everyone!
I wanna know if my cpu(E3-1231v3)have no igpu and my mainboard only have 1 pci-e slot(B85M-D2V)

There is no way to get Gigabyte AMD RX460 4G work with acceleration,right? :crazy:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 5.32.42 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 5.31.55 PM.png
About This Mac show the correct info

but why no acceleration? everything seems lag :banghead:

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X 8G & Intel HD
Hello guys, I'm new to hackintoshing and after reading a lot I've build my first one this weekend. This is my hardware:

Gygabite ga z170x-ud3
Skylake i7 6700k
MSI Radeon rx 480x gaming 8gb
16gb DDR4 RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2C8G4D240FSB
750w power supply
Samsung evo 500gb ssd
Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM (dp, hdmi, dvi, vga inputs)

The monitor is connected via hdmi to my rx480. And via vga to my z170x-ud3. With hdmi input selected.

I've installed osx Sierra via unibeast and installed drivers via multibeast. Multibeast settings:
Quick start > uefi boot mode
Drivers > audio > realtek alcxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > audio > realtek alcxxx > 100 series audio
Drivers > misc > fakeSMC v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723
Drivers > misc > fakeSMC plugins v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723
Drivers > misc > fakeSMC hwmonitor application v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723
Drivers > misc > NullCPUPowermanagement v1.0.0d2
Drivers > network > intel > IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0
Bootloaders > clover v2.3k r3766 UEFI Boot Mode
Customize > system definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
Reboot.

Audio and network are working.
Graphics are (as expected) not so good, lines and no accelartion ofc.

Then I've read this whole forum post, thanks everyone for giving tips.
And did my best to get accelartion to work on my rx480.

First I've edited the 4100kext (copy to desktop, make duplicate, edit, and copy back to the kext). Then ive Cleard cache via terminal command, ran kext utility and rebooted.
Went into bios, set primary gpu to mobo and igfx to auto. Saved and exit and rebooted. Then i did the 9500kext edit via ihex (also made a backup of the file first), ran kext utility and rebooted.

Switched monitor to vga (my mobo) and saw clover, before pressing enter i removed the vga cable from my mobo, and pressed enter. Switched monitor input to hdmi (rx480) and got the login screen and sierra. Metal is supporter and it seems like ive got accelration. When i open chess for example all looks good (which it didnt before). So it seems to work fine.

My question now is, when i go to display settings osx sees that i have 2 monitors connected (which i dont, got only the one dell). My top bar is on the good screen (flashes red). But now i can move my mouse out of the screen (cause osx thinks ive got 2 displays connected) which i dont like. But when i choose mirror displays, it seems like it uses my mobo gpu or somerhing, cause when i drag a safari window left and right its verry laggy. When i turn of mirror displays and drag the window all is fine.

Is this normal or is there a fix i can do? Im not at home atm so havent run any benchmarks yet.

And are there anymore stepps i can do to increase performance?

EDIT: my goal is to use FCPX for professional edditing, and also using a new ssd for dualboot windows.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare z170x
CPU
intel core i7 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte Windforce RX 480 8G
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
My question now is, when i go to display settings osx sees that i have 2 monitors connected (which i dont, got only the one dell). My top bar is on the good screen (flashes red). But now i can move my mouse out of the screen (cause osx thinks ive got 2 displays connected) which i dont like. But when i choose mirror displays, it seems like it uses my mobo gpu or somerhing, cause when i drag a safari window left and right its verry laggy. When i turn of mirror displays and drag the window all is fine.
What happens if you try to start with only the hdmi cable attached to the dGPU (meaning a blind start). Do you still end up with 2 displays?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
I just did, and it's still the same. Booted up with only the HDMI cable attached and booted in Sierra. There are still 2 monitors attached in the display settings..

I've also ran Unigine Heaven and Luxmark and didn't get a good score I guess..

Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 20.53.29.pngLuxmark 1.png
Then I've done the 4100kext edit to enable the 36CU instead of 16. Got an increase in Luxmark and nothing really changed in Heaven.

Heaven 2.png Luxmark 2.png
any suggestions to fix the dual screens and get better performance in Unigine Heaven? I've done nothing yet in Clover Configurator or with a framebuffer, only changed the device id in the 4100kext info.plist btw..

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
OK, so I've fixed the phantom second screen. What I did:

Went to Library/Preferences and removed com.apple.windowserver.plist (moved to desktop) and reboot > nothing changed.

Then I did the following:
Turn off mac
Put HDMI in MOBO
Open clover Configuration > Check partition > Mount EFI
Go to finder, EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist > Copy to desktop and make backup, open copy in clover configurator and change:
Graphics tab > Disable Inject Intel
Devices tab > under Fake ID > IntelGFX: 0x19120003
Save
Copy file back to EFI/EFI/CLOVER and overwrite
Reboot > put HDMI back in rx 480 but this time in the 2nd HDMI slot (instead of the 1st)
Graphics inspect should say: Intel HD Graphics SKL CRB (1536VRAM & Metal supported)

So I'm not sure what exactly fixed it, but its fixed now.

Ran another Unigine Heaven benchmark and got a "low" score again..
Score: 979
FPS: 38,9 (min: 10,6 / max 81,3)

Settings
Render: OpenGL
Mode: 1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen
Preset: Custom
Quality: Ultra
Tesselation: Extreme

And this is still on 1080p.. When I get a compatible HDMI/DVI cable I will be running on 1440p

Any tips for increase in performance?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare z170x
CPU
intel core i7 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte Windforce RX 480 8G
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
OK, so I've fixed the phantom second screen. What I did:

Went to Library/Preferences and removed com.apple.windowserver.plist (moved to desktop) and reboot > nothing changed.

Then I did the following:
Turn off mac
Put HDMI in MOBO
Open clover Configuration > Check partition > Mount EFI
Go to finder, EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist > Copy to desktop and make backup, open copy in clover configurator and change:
Graphics tab > Disable Inject Intel
Devices tab > under Fake ID > IntelGFX: 0x19120003
Save
Copy file back to EFI/EFI/CLOVER and overwrite
Reboot > put HDMI back in rx 480 but this time in the 2nd HDMI slot (instead of the 1st)
Graphics inspect should say: Intel HD Graphics SKL CRB (1536VRAM & Metal supported)

So I'm not sure what exactly fixed it, but its fixed now.

Ran another Unigine Heaven benchmark and got a "low" score again..
Score: 979
FPS: 38,9 (min: 10,6 / max 81,3)

Settings
Render: OpenGL
Mode: 1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen
Preset: Custom
Quality: Ultra
Tesselation: Extreme

And this is still on 1080p.. When I get a compatible HDMI/DVI cable I will be running on 1440p

Any tips for increase in performance?
I haven't used Unigine Heaven on my machine yet, but running Valley gives me a score somewhere between 1800 - 1900 on Extreme HD settings. With only adding the device ID to 4100X kext. Without inject Ati (which seemed to decrease my performance) or other patches.

Do you get decent performance in Windows or Linux, or is MacOS the only OS installed?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
I haven't used Unigine Heaven on my machine yet, but running Valley gives me a score somewhere between 1800 - 1900 on Extreme HD settings. With only adding the device ID to 4100X kext. Without inject Ati (which seemed to decrease my performance) or other patches.

Do you get decent performance in Windows or Linux, or is MacOS the only OS installed?
At the moment OSX Sierra is the only installed OS. I find it very strange that I'm only getting a 900 score..

Recap of what I've done:

Multibeast
UEFI mode
ALC1150 & 100 series audio driver
Misc > fakeSMC v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723 (as wel as fakeSMC plugins and HWMonitor)
Misc > NullCPUPowermanagement v1.0.0d2
IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0 Ethernet driver
Clover v2.3k r3766 UEFI Boot Mode
iMac 14,2 system definition

Edited divide id 0x67FF1002 to 0x67DF1002 in 4100kext info.plist (cleared cache, kext utility)
Edited divide name in AMD9500Controller via iHex (kext utility)
Activated the 32CU via /s/l/e/AMDRadeonX4100.Kext >Contents >MacOS > AMDRaden4100, replaced the 3 strings (kext utility)
Activated Metal support for iGPU via clover configurator: Disabled inject intel & put 0x19120003 for intelGFX fakeID

This all works as it should (At least I'm getting the visual feedback).
About this Mac shows AMD rx480
System Report > Graphics shows Metal support for rx480 and iGPU
System Report > Graphics shows 36 CU for rx480

I boot with only the HDMI cable connected to the rx480 and the monitor. Clover boots automatically after 5 secs to the SSD, and then I get a screen on the OSX login window. I don't know why clover boots automatically after 5 secs, I never told it to.. Maybe it's because one of the things I installed via multibeast.

So what could I've done wrong or what do I still need to do to get better performance in Unigine Heaven?