Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All credit goes to Adrian B for suggesting it to me in another thread

Thank you very much Gigamaxx, it works now and it looks like your screenshot. The only problem that I have is a seconds ghost monitor because I connected my Monitor to the motherboard. I think it's because my monitor does not deactivate the other inputs, because it has a picture in picture function. So the MAc thinks that there is a second monitor attached.

I tried several workarounds including the steps that Trekhaak did in Post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/enabling-amd-rx-4xx-cards-in-sierra.201364/page-46#post-1427979 but it did not work.

Anyone has a solution to this? The only workaround I found out is to disconnect my monitor from the motherboard and disconnect it from the graphics card, and then attach it to the graphics card again. But this is annoying.

Thank you very much Gigamaxx, it works now and it looks like your screenshot. The only problem that I have is a seconds ghost monitor because I connected my Monitor to the motherboard. I think it's because my monitor does not deactivate the other inputs, because it has a picture in picture function. So the MAc thinks that there is a second monitor attached.

I tried several workarounds including the steps that Trekhaak did in Post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/enabling-amd-rx-4xx-cards-in-sierra.201364/page-46#post-1427979 but it did not work.

Anyone has a solution to this? The only workaround I found out is to disconnect my monitor from the motherboard and disconnect it from the graphics card, and then attach it to the graphics card again. But this is annoying.

The box with a gear in it on the bottom tool bar "System Preferences" open it and select displays. there is an arrangement setting, you can also mirror screens etc... There is also a box to check to place an access tab on top tool bar, next to wifi and sound tabs.

Another option is to set in clover config.plist the autoboot function and then just keep monitor connected to RX card, its called blind boot or black boot option.

Do you have a spare or backup Ssd or hdd?

I was able to run 2 RX 480 cards by selecting inject Intel, and no inject ATI, no EDID, no Load Video Bios. Once you have the 4100kext mod done correctly and have accleration you don't need anything for the RX cards to get support.

Try this, use EFIMounter and mount your EFI partition. Open clover folder and pull your config.plist out and save in a folder. Now remove it to trash (no EFI folder in clover).
Next go to main partition using the GO tab/Computer/(select disk Sierra is on)/EFI Backups folder. Open and remove config.plist to trash.

You now have no config.plists in either folder. Now download a new clover bootloader and instal. This should give you a MacBook 1.1 definition in system bios in clover EFI folder.

Run clover configurator and mount EFI partition, go to devices and add Intel fake ID 0x19120003, and then go to graphics section and add ig. Platform 0x0a206080. Don't select inject ATI, or Inject Intel. Set any other fixes you normally run on your system but stay away from sound fixes for now. Run the magic wand and select system definition and make a new serial number. Now remove that serial number and replace with your saved config.plist numbers (if the numbers were good and are important to you).

Close clover configurator and then open EFI folder/partition and check that the fixes and IDs are there. Then reboot, at clover screen check again that you have fixes in graphics section and then boot. Try first without inject Intel and if it doesn't work try inject Intel. Report findings.

Note: Open GL which is most of the programs in OS Sierra will not use the second gpu, but open CL programs like Luxmark will use both cards and double your scores.

Hi Gigamaxx Thanks for the tips you provide, I tried your method above still same problem i got stuck in Loading Logo see the image stable one is with no intel inject.

I Also tried Verbose, Safe found that both card in the system

so far i tried to tweak clover up and down no result so far. Honestly, I don't know how to figure it out something should be missing

do you think because of the dual boot, or something else

Thanks and Appreciated

Attachments

• 20170130_224535.jpg
    20170130_224535.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 115
  • 20170130_224825.jpg
    20170130_224825.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 105
Seems like I was testing Unigine Heaven instead of Valley and was comparing my 980 heaven score to other peoples 1900ish valley scores. I've ran valley and got 1903 at ExtremeHD. So I guess that score is reasonable, is it possible to push it further?

I noticed my FPCx started crashing when I opened the program, or when I imported files. I followed the advice of someone I believe in this thread (can't remember a name or page# though..), he said to remove these 2 files from /s/l/e:
AppleIntelSKLGraphicsGLDriver
AppleIntelSKLGraphicsMTLDriver

I've did just that, rebooted and FCPx seems to work again. BUT, when I ran Luxmark before I removed those files I saw 2 gpu's (my rx480 and SKL Graphics). And got a score of 15209 on a "OpenCL GPU's" test. After I've removed them I only see my rx480 and get a 14385 score. See attached image from before and after removal of those files.

Anyone knows what's going on here? My guess is that in one of those removed bundles is something to "enable"(?) the SKL graphics ? Any tips?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 13.32.35.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 13.32.35.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 194
That top image with multiple apples is the closest to log in. That is the image you get when your igpu is getting metal support.

Try to spoof your Intel ID to not get support, use a fake id number that is incorrect, so that it comes out as display 7mb.

Seems like I was testing Unigine Heaven instead of Valley and was comparing my 980 heaven score to other peoples 1900ish valley scores. I've ran valley and got 1903 at ExtremeHD. So I guess that score is reasonable, is it possible to push it further?

I noticed my FPCx started crashing when I opened the program, or when I imported files. I followed the advice of someone I believe in this thread (can't remember a name or page# though..), he said to remove these 2 files from /s/l/e:
AppleIntelSKLGraphicsGLDriver
AppleIntelSKLGraphicsMTLDriver

I've did just that, rebooted and FCPx seems to work again. BUT, when I ran Luxmark before I removed those files I saw 2 gpu's (my rx480 and SKL Graphics). And got a score of 15209 on a "OpenCL GPU's" test. After I've removed them I only see my rx480 and get a 14385 score. See attached image from before and after removal of those files.

Anyone knows what's going on here? My guess is that in one of those removed bundles is something to "enable"(?) the SKL graphics ? Any tips?

That's exactly what happened, you removed the SkL (Skylake) graphics support kexts so it won't function anymore. FCPX is fussy, so if you want to use it you need to make that sacrifice I guess, the previous version works just fine it's this new version that crashes.

Your valley score is good, it doesn't go much higher than that, my best was a 1956, the best I've seen is a 2000 score. You need your SKL CRB or hd 530 working to get the highest possible score but then FCPX won't work right.

Can anyone please help me get my R9 290/390 to work on my hack? With Inject with and without kext mods I can get the driver to initialize about half way during the OS loading phase, and then there's a flicker and the DVI port loses signal. Everyone is saying to get around this you need use the iGPU but LGA2011 boards don't have integrated GPUs. I have two R9 290s so maybe there's a way around that? Can I just purchase another Nvidia card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back