CPU
Intel Xeon 2683 v3
Graphics
XFX rx480
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi, I'm new to the community. Greetings to all!
I have mounted a hackintosh with a processor XEON 2683 v3 an ASROCK x99 xtreme 4 motherboard and a gtx 790 ti and the amd XFX rx 480.

To see if anyone can help me please I will also try to help as much as I can.
1 problem: does not always start at the first. As I can not see the screen until it starts, I guess the banned signal comes out. So I have to reboot until it works. It's a bit of a lottery. Is there a solution?

After a very rare thing is that in unginie valley gives me only a ridiculous !!!! 190 points I'm going to 4 frames. The acelaeracion is set. In Luxmarck gives me a score 21,334 so I do not know how can be.

2 Problem: Final cut x 10.3 when you want to open project breaks and does not work. Only the final cut version 10.2 works. Any solution for final cut? I have mac pro 5.1

Many thanks to all for the effort and apologies for my English! :):angel:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare z170x
CPU
intel core i7 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte Windforce RX 480 8G
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
To see if anyone can help me please I will also try to help as much as I can.
1 problem: does not always start at the first. As I can not see the screen until it starts, I guess the banned signal comes out. So I have to reboot until it works. It's a bit of a lottery. Is there a solution?
Did you set your primary display to the pci-e slot of the rx 480?

After a very rare thing is that in unginie valley gives me only a ridiculous !!!! 190 points I'm going to 4 frames. The acelaeracion is set. In Luxmarck gives me a score 21,334 so I do not know how can be.
Luxmark and Unigine benchmark different things, lux is openCL, unigine is openGL. How is your user interface responding in MacOS?

Motherboard
Gigabyte 170X Thunderbolt 3
CPU
intel core i7 3700K 4.0 Ghz
Graphics
AMD radeon HD 6750 M
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Keep in mind you don't have crossfireX in MacOS, but you can use the cards separately no problem. The 10.12.3 changes haven't had impact on enabling the RX4xx cards since 10.12.2.
Thank for your answer but I see a lot of configurations with 2 R9 280X for using FCPX, why if they can't use both cards for acceleration of FCP X ?

Adrian B

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 5570
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Other
Thank for your answer but I see a lot of configurations with 2 R9 280X for using FCPX, why if they can't use both cards for acceleration of FCP X ?
MacOS can handle multiple GPU usage from within macOS - it does not require additional connections like Crossfire in windows does. It is even possible to use multiple AMD and nvidia GPUs together - although I wouldn't advise this as you are unable to assign individual cards to specific applications.

Multiple GPU installation will improve performance and that is why many folk use two 280X cards for FCPX

Motherboard
MSI Z170 G43 Plus
CPU
Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
XFX Radeon RX 480 RS 4GB
how to safely update to 10.12.3 without break the rx 480? anyone can tell me the step ?

Motherboard
Asrock x99 Xtreme 4
CPU
Intel Xeon 2683 v3
Graphics
XFX rx480
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android

Luxmark and Unigine benchmark different things, lux is openCL, unigine is openGL. How is your user interface responding in MacOS?

Hello thank you very much for answering !! :) I have placed a gtx 970 on the first PCI and on the third PCI the rx480. I do not mind not seeing anything until I ask for the password, but it never starts at first. When I connect the gtx 970 to see what happens, it is because the symbol forbidden. I have tried many things but I have no way to start the computer at first. Is there any way?

With the rx 480 card responds muchisimo better than with the nvidia.Es faster everything. Before I had a gtx 980 ti but when maximizing a window or minimizing trying to make it bigger or smaller adjusted with the mouse, it was slow as slow. Now with the rx this has improved a lot, although the final cut, logic and various programs if you try to make the window bigger or smaller is slow. How late! This happens to someone and there is a solution?

Attachments

Motherboard
Asrock x99 Xtreme 4
CPU
Intel Xeon 2683 v3
Graphics
XFX rx480
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android

2015 13' MBP + AKITIO THUNDER2 + DELL DA2 + AMD RX 470 (6 PIN)

Which model is most compatible with OS X 10.12, XFX or ASUS?

XFX - 470 - 4GB RS Triple X
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JHQXGEE/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

XFX - 470 - 4GB Black Edition
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JM2DFLC/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

ASUS ROG STRIX - 470 4GB
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JS2UFO6/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

It will be docked in:
- Akitio Thunder2 Pcie Box
- Dell DA2 powered

Ty!

Hello! I can tell you that the XFX RS model works perfectly. I have the rx 480 of 8GB memory. I guess the others worked the same.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare z170x
CPU
intel core i7 6700K
Graphics
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
how to safely update to 10.12.3 without break the rx 480? anyone can tell me the step ?
I just updated, restarted (lost acceleration), reapplied the patches to the AMD9500Controller and AMDRadeonX4100 kexts, refreshed the kext cache and restarted. That was it.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare z170x
CPU
intel core i7 6700K
Graphics
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
With the rx 480 card responds muchisimo better than with the nvidia.Es faster everything. Before I had a gtx 980 ti but when maximizing a window or minimizing trying to make it bigger or smaller adjusted with the mouse, it was slow as slow. Now with the rx this has improved a lot, although the final cut, logic and various programs if you try to make the window bigger or smaller is slow. How late! This happens to someone and there is a solution?
It feels like you do have OpenCL acceleration, I wouldn't be surpised if that works out of the box (the AMD9500Controller has support for the RX480 without changing it).

Are you sure you added the right ID to the AMDRadeonX4100.kext? Also after editing it make sure you clear your cache with:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

and then a reboot

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 15.42.19.png