CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
Asus ROG Strix 1070 OC
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
When booting normally it seems I now have to have my HDMI cable plugged into the motherboard to access the BIOS/UEFI and Clover Bootloader. I think this is because of changing my primary display settings to IGFX, the problem is that after booting I have to switch the cable from the motherboard to my graphics card. My question is, can I switch this setting back to having the default be the PCI slot of my RX 480 and still have full acceleration? It's a tad annoying have to switch my cable back and forth for every boot.

Thanks for all of the work involved!

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
Asus ROG Strix 1070 OC
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
From my own experience just leaving the HDMI plugged into the GPU and waiting for the login screen works, although I did something that messed up the initial screen resolution when booting with the HDMI in the GPU. So I've been back to having it plugged into the Internal Graphics at the start.

The screen will be black at the start but eventually your login screen will pop up. Just make sure you have the boot priority set up in the BIOS.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
Asus ROG Strix 1070 OC
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
The BIOS settings are:
Initial Display Output in "IGFX"
Internal Graphics in "primary"
When I boot with the HDMI cable in the RX480 and none in the HD530 there will be no login screen.
Initial Display output is fine, Internal Graphics should be set to "Auto."

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170MX
CPU
I7 6700k
Graphics
HD 530 IGFX; GIGABYTE RX 460
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can you use AirDrop from your machine to your MacBook or your iPad or iPhone? How your new machine connects to the network is the issue. Windows will use a different system than will macOS, so what will work in one os may not work in the other.

Edit: just to elaborate on that, I have different versions of Sierra (different boot disks) being used on the same machine. These are set up differently and act differently, but all of them are using the same graphics card. Try Airplay (sound) from your new machine. If it does not work, you have some other issue, most likely networking.
All Macs/PC's in house work fine on Airplay (Sound & Vision) - combination of connections of devices as I Cat 6 cabled the whole house; all wifi devices mirror, new Hack ONLY works on Airplay Sound not screen and symbol at top of screen is not there (works from within iTunes only). Airdrop does not work on hack but works on all other devices.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
All Macs/PC's in house work fine on Airplay (Sound & Vision) - combination of connections of devices as I Cat 6 cabled the whole house; all wifi devices mirror, new Hack ONLY works on Airplay Sound not screen and symbol at top of screen is not there (works from within iTunes only). Airdrop does not work on hack but works on all other devices.
You can easily verify whether or not the card is the problem by pulling it and using your HD530 IGPU to make the same test. (Though being able to get the Windows option to work essentially says the same thing, that the card is okay, that something else is wrong.)

AirDrop not working says something is not configured correctly and so macOS cannot find the means to tunnel its signal out. The most obvious places to check are ethernet, wifi, bluetooth and firewall and then router.

I do think this is more of a question for either General help or Networking.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170MX
CPU
I7 6700k
Graphics
HD 530 IGFX; GIGABYTE RX 460
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
You can easily verify whether or not the card is the problem by pulling it and using your HD530 IGPU to make the same test. (Though being able to get the Windows option to work essentially says the same thing, that the card is okay, that something else is wrong.)

AirDrop not working says something is not configured correctly and so macOS cannot find the means to tunnel its signal out. The most obvious places to check are ethernet, wifi, bluetooth and firewall and then router.

Nothing wrong with my network - everything else is fine - this machine is fine in windows, just not MacOS.

Without AMD GPU works fine.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
So, to be clear, you are saying that only pulling the AMD card and making no other changes, allows AirDrop to work as well as AirDisplay in macOS?

Edit: If this is the case, the next question would be which slot do you have the AMD card in? Along with which kind of card are you using for wifi and bluetooth? As well as which slot do you have that card in?

Last edited:
Motherboard
MSI P55-GD65
CPU
X3480
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, Xserve
Mobile Phone
iOS,
Seems like no changes in new build for RX4xx

Motherboard
Gigabyte 170X Thunderbolt 3
CPU
intel core i7 3700K 4.0 Ghz
Graphics
AMD radeon HD 6750 M
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello, I am building my mackintosh (I will get a GA-Z170X UD5 TH + core i7) I already bought a R9 280X 3Gb but I want a second card. Does the R9 and the RX 480 can mix well together and does FCP X is going to get both GPU working for it ?
Does the 10.12.3 changes anything about the RX480 installation ?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare z170x
CPU
intel core i7 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte Windforce RX 480 8G
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello, I am building my mackintosh (I will get a GA-Z170X UD5 TH + core i7) I already bought a R9 280X 3Gb but I want a second card. Does the R9 and the RX 480 can mix well together and does FCP X is going to get both GPU working for it ?
Does the 10.12.3 changes anything about the RX480 installation ?
Keep in mind you don't have crossfireX in MacOS, but you can use the cards separately no problem. The 10.12.3 changes haven't had impact on enabling the RX4xx cards since 10.12.2.