Contribute
Register

El Capitan on Lenovo P50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headphones are distorted for me also. I'm using applealc.kext. You using a patched applehda.kext?

I'm going to try codec commander next. How did you configure it?

Edit: I can confirm that using CodecCommander.kext with SSDT-ALC298 gets rid of the distortion completely and no pops or crackles from the speakers on boot.

Now I'm just having a problem with playing video/audio content online either through chrome or safari. This is after I disabled the Nvidia card. This only happens after wake from sleep. I'll have to check rehabman's guide on disabling dual cpu's regarding sleep issues. If you see this rehabman, is this a common issue? I'll report back on that thread anyway.

Unfortunately the ssdt-alc298 doesnt solve it for me completely though I think it's a bit better.

I've been having problems trying to disable the gpu for months. I took a look at yours and I think my problem when I disassemble the .aml's they get very messy. Your ssdt-14 and ssdt-2 looks like my ssdt-12 and ssdt-0 respectively. When i disassemble my original ssdt's, my .dsl where i need to patch around the _ini PEG0.PEGP seem to differ quite a bit like it got corrupt. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Could post the exact _off line you put in yours-and where- that got yours disabled?

Attachments

• 11.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Unfortunately the ssdt-alc298 doesnt solve it for me completely though I think it's a bit better.

I've been having problems trying to disable the gpu for months. I took a look at yours and I think my problem when I disassemble the .aml's they get very messy. Your ssdt-14 and ssdt-2 looks like my ssdt-12 and ssdt-0 respectively. When i disassemble my original ssdt's, my .dsl where i need to patch around the _ini PEG0.PEGP seem to differ quite a bit like it got corrupt. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Could post the exact _off line you put in yours-and where- that got yours disabled?

I'll post mine in a bit(currently working right now). But our graphics might differ a bit, I have the HD 530 and it seems you have the P530, that probably makes a bit of difference.

As for audio I'm using AppleALC.kext, CodecCommander.kext, SSDT-ALC298.aml, IRQ - Layout-Id 3 - Fix mutex DSDT patches along with the ArtFrequency=True (something along those lines) and the layout-id = 3 in the config.plist.

It seems that the same line I added would be the same for you, so I added this line to the end of my _INI in my SSDT-2 (so your SSDT-0)
"External (\_SB.PCI0.PEGP._OFF, MethodObj)
_OFF()"
That's what did it for me. Just one line change to disable Nvidia. After, check your sys. info. + ioreg to make sure it's disabled.

It seems that the same line I added would be the same for you, so I added this line to the end of my _INI in my SSDT-2 (so your SSDT-0)
"External (\_SB.PCI0.PEGP._OFF, MethodObj)
_OFF()"
That's what did it for me. Just one line change to disable Nvidia. After, check your sys. info. + ioreg to make sure it's disabled.

Great thank you! Yea that's what Ive had in there all along but it wasn't working. Maybe Ive missed something else somewhere... I'll keep looking into it. At least I know now someone else has got it disabled. Thanks again!

Yeah no problem. I would suggest reading the guide again, I had to read it a few times to get it working or should I say not working. If you do get it disabled I'd like to know if you'll have the same problem as me(video/audio content not loading after waking from sleep).

p.s. Have you tested the HDMI port yet? I keep trying to get it working.

Yeah no problem. I would suggest reading the guide again, I had to read it a few times to get it working or should I say not working. If you do get it disabled I'd like to know if you'll have the same problem as me(video/audio content not loading after waking from sleep).

p.s. Have you tested the HDMI port yet? I keep trying to get it working.

I feel like I've read that thing so many times now ha. I'm still having trouble. Did you mean \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF ?

And no i havent messed with the hdmi port yet, didn't seem important enough for me. Once i get this disabled ill start looking into that.

Edit: Well apparently the dropoem got unchecked somewhere along the way and that wsa the only thing missing this whole time :banghead: It's working (not working now) Thanks!

Last edited:
Glad to hear it.

HDMI really isn't that important to me either, don't really use any external monitors - just want to get it working for an almost complete setup/OCD.

Have you tested if online video/audio content works for you after wake from sleep. Just about the only thing bugging me at this point.

Glad to hear it.

HDMI really isn't that important to me either, don't really use any external monitors - just want to get it working for an almost complete setup/OCD.

Have you tested if online video/audio content works for you after wake from sleep. Just about the only thing bugging me at this point.

Hmm nope, I just tested it and it seems to be fine.. I had two youtube videos going, one in safari the other in firefox. Woke up the wifi reconnected and the videos resumed playing fine.

hmmm...
Could you post your CLOVER files for comparison?

hmmm...
Could you post your CLOVER files for comparison?

Sure here you go. It might be that alc.kext your using as I'm using an applehda for audio.

Also, what are you using for wifi? Im using an edimax usb and can't connect to 802.1x EAP (username and password) which pretty important as I use it nearly everyday. I dont think we can swap out the wifi module in the p-series thinkpads because its locked down by lenovo. Thats really the last thing thats annoying me quite a bit.

Attachments

• CLOVER_11oc.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back