Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I am currently trying to install MacOSX El Capitan on the machine mentioned above with a Xeon Quad Core and M2000M but stuck on: Still waiting for root device as the installer is not recognizing the USB Stick.
The stick can only be connected to an USB3 port. Due to the lag of an USB2 ports I have no idea which kexts i could install tothe install media, since I have read that the kexts are useless on 10.11.x.

Anybody who have an idea what todo or at least if I am right or wrong regarding the use of kexts in connectoin with 10.11?

EDIT: Managed to boot it but the installer does not recognize the CPU and reboots after a while...

Hello,

I am currently trying to install MacOSX El Capitan on the machine mentioned above with a Xeon Quad Core and M2000M but stuck on: Still waiting for root device as the installer is not recognizing the USB Stick.
The stick can only be connected to an USB3 port. Due to the lag of an USB2 ports I have no idea which kexts i could install tothe install media, since I have read that the kexts are useless on 10.11.x.

Anybody who have an idea what todo or at least if I am right or wrong regarding the use of kexts in connectoin with 10.11?

EDIT: Managed to boot it but the installer does not recognize the CPU and reboots after a while...

You may have issues with the CPU (and chipset).

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Hello, im using the thinkpad P50 as well. I was able to go through installation without a hiccup. Now at boot im getting the dsmos. I've tried nv_disable=1, -x, bootflags, as well as the clover graphics settings. Bios wont let me disable the nvidia chip and only use the intel 530. If i can just get it to ignore the Nvidia and just use the intel 530 I should be in business, or if one has any other solutions it would be greatly appreciated! thanks

P50 Xeon (verbose shows all cores)
8gb nonecc ram
4k screen Nvidia quadro m2000m
intel hd 530
clover uefi

Hello, im using the thinkpad P50 as well. I was able to go through installation without a hiccup. Now at boot im getting the dsmos. I've tried nv_disable=1, -x, bootflags, as well as the clover graphics settings. Bios wont let me disable the nvidia chip and only use the intel 530. If i can just get it to ignore the Nvidia and just use the intel 530 I should be in business, or if one has any other solutions it would be greatly appreciated! thanks

P50 Xeon (verbose shows all cores)
8gb nonecc ram
4k screen Nvidia quadro m2000m
intel hd 530
clover uefi

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder (not EFI folder). Please strip Clover/themes before compressing as ZIP.

dTO6tK.jpg

Attachments

• clover_11orourkec.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 194
  • 20160509_110428.jpg
    20160509_110428.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 246
"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.
yes which has to do with osx not liking the dual graphics cards. i havent been able to get clover to ignore the nvidia quadro and just use the intel 530

yes which has to do with osx not liking the dual graphics cards. i havent been able to get clover to ignore the nvidia quadro and just use the intel 530

Nothing to do with graphics. It means you didn't install FakeSMC or don't have Clover setup to inject it.

Actually I used mine P50 and it went into install but stucked at the last step saying "Bless tool cannot set the startup drive" which I wonder what happens...

Actually I used mine P50 and it went into install but stucked at the last step saying "Bless tool cannot set the startup drive" which I wonder what happens...

From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create the USB installer?

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Did you follow the guide?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back