Contribute
Register

El Capitan on Lenovo P50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey RehabMan, Msharaf, I meant how you got P50 running not the BCM card.Can you share some config.plist, list of kext and patches you used. So we can focus on things that don't work?

Hi, can you share some config files list of kexts, you used to have it running. Have you try to upgrade to high Sierra?
Hey RehabMan, Msharaf, I meant how you got P50 running not the BCM card.Can you share some config.plist, list of kext and patches you used. So we can focus on things that don't work?
This thread was for el capitan. At this point I would say it's not worth installing el cap but to instead install sierra, or even try high sierra. Rehab will most certainly point to you this so ill save him some time. If you follow this exactly you should be able to get the os installed at least. Then from there are many guides to fix graphics, PM, audio, bat, ect. Certainly reference this thread if need be but if memory serves audio will be different.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Just as an FYI to folks working on this model - I went for a long-shot and picked up a BCM94352Z NGFF card that was actually DELL-branded (DW1560), and my P50 accepted it just fine; the stock BIOS didn't object at all. A little tweaking to make that chipset work as usual and I have native built-in wifi, no problem. Works just fine.

What BIOS version are you running?

What BIOS version are you running?
Version 1.39, NIEET66W.

(Sorry for the extreme delay; I'd actually given up on getting further with this system until just recently - my existing W520 just died, so getting the P50 working just became a significant priority. :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back