Contribute
Register

El Capitan on Lenovo P50

Status
Not open for further replies.
@chaseian2 If you follow RehabMans installation post to a "T" there shouldn't any problems installing at least.

I haven't been able to disable to nvidia graphics or get intel's graphics power management sorted out yet so using daily is not ideal due to battery and heating issues. If you want to install and try to work out these things feel free to help out but as of now its not worth consolidating a 'how-to' until these things are worked out.

Thanks I'll look at RehabMan first.

Anyone else who is working on a p50 project and has a 4k screen, here is a very very important fact buried in this thread. Even if you get the intel graphics working, the internal laptop display will NOT work without the iokit pixel clock patch! I had my xeon p50 running fine in 10.12.1, and when I came back to it months later and updated the install the video no longer worked. I about pulled my hair out until I went through this entire thread again. All I had to do was reapply the pixel clock patch and I was back in bus!

Anyone else who is working on a p50 project and has a 4k screen, here is a very very important fact buried in this thread. Even if you get the intel graphics working, the internal laptop display will NOT work without the iokit pixel clock patch! I had my xeon p50 running fine in 10.12.1, and when I came back to it months later and updated the install the video no longer worked. I about pulled my hair out until I went through this entire thread again. All I had to do was reapply the pixel clock patch and I was back in bus!

It is in the laptop FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Just installed Sierra, updated to 10.12.3.
Bare bones installation, using Intel 530 graphics.
Only getting 31Mb on it and it sucks. I know others have gotten to 1.5 Gb but using P530 graphics.
Anybody know how to get this value up. Anybody getting higher value with HD 530?
Using FakePCIID & FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics & config.plist w/
- Inject Intel>false (can't boot w/o it) / bogus FakeID / ig-platform-id (0x19160000)
[Clover attached]

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 94
Just installed Sierra, updated to 10.12.3.
Bare bones installation, using Intel 530 graphics.
Only getting 31Mb on it and it sucks. I know others have gotten to 1.5 Gb but using P530 graphics.
Anybody know how to get this value up. Anybody getting higher value with HD 530?
Using FakePCIID & FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics & config.plist w/
- Inject Intel>false (can't boot w/o it) / bogus FakeID / ig-platform-id (0x19160000)
[Clover attached]

Your config.plist is corrupt.
Correct plist for HD530 is provided in the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Your config.plist is corrupt.
Sorry about that, here it is.

Now using fakeid 0x191b0000 | inject intel > yes | ig-platform-id 0x191b0000
Still only getting 31 Mb.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Ok, got it.

Attachments

• All files.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 95
Ok, got it.

Your problem is caused by incorrect use of FakeID.
You have config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x191b0000
It is not needed and invalid. Using an invalid FakeID is a great way to disable the graphics drivers... as you have discovered.
Remove config.plist/Devices/FakeID or set IntelGFX=0

Much thanks for that. Getting 1.5 Gb now.
Deleted Devices/FakeID. So would I even need the FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics kext. Or is this still required for graphics to work properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back