Contribute
Register

El Capitan on Lenovo P50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much thanks for that. Getting 1.5 Gb now.
Deleted Devices/FakeID. So would I even need the FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics kext. Or is this still required for graphics to work properly?

FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext is needed for some HD530 systems, not all...
You should check ioreg to see if QE is working.

Oh ok, would that be in the gfx0 section under appleacpiplatformexpert? What would I be looking for to know if it's working?

Oh ok, would that be in the gfx0 section under appleacpiplatformexpert? What would I be looking for to know if it's working?

Look for IntelAccelerator node under GFX0 (or IGPU if you did the rename).

It seems to be working for me then. There are some values (IGAccelCommandQueue,IGAccelGLContext...)under intelaccelerator with red slashes through them. Most values seem to be linked webkit ioregistryexplorer and window server.

Attachments

• 1.ioreg.zip
    433.5 KB · Views: 74
It seems to be working for me then. There are some values (IGAccelCommandQueue,IGAccelGLContext...)under intelaccelerator with red slashes through them. Most values seem to be linked webkit ioregistryexplorer and window server.

Looks normal/correct.
You can try without FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext to see if anything changes.

Anybody been able to get audio working with a patched version of AppleHDA?
Found a patched version of AppleHDA for my Realtek audio ALC298. Found the correct layout id I needed to use, 13.
Installed AppleHDA.kext to S/L/E. Updated config.plist Devices/Audio/Inject > 13. Applied the Layout 12 patch (changed value to 13 first).restart.
Audio controls work fine along with mic.

update: Changed Devices/Audio/Inject to 3 & Changed layout id to 3 in DSDT. Now audio works great, nice n loud too.

Last edited:
Anybody have their HDMI port working?
Is there a patch I should be using...

Anybody have their HDMI port working?
Is there a patch I should be using...

Haven't tried getting the HDMI working yet.

Does your headphone jack work as well? I can only hear out of headphones (bad quality) and no audio out of speakers at all.
Could you upload the applehda that you're using?@trussell3417

Edit: I got the speakers and heaphones both working now. Speakers are clear, headphones still distorted.. How are your headphones sounding? I tried using Rehabman's codec commander kext but didn't notice much difference.

Last edited:
Haven't tried getting the HDMI working yet.

Does your headphone jack work as well? I can only hear out of headphones (bad quality) and no audio out of speakers at all.
Could you upload the applehda that you're using?@trussell3417

Edit: I got the speakers and heaphones both working now. Speakers are clear, headphones still distorted.. How are your headphones sounding? I tried using Rehabman's codec commander kext but didn't notice much difference.

Perhaps you forgot to use the special SSDT for ALC298 (see SSDT-ALC298.dsl in the CodecCommander repo)

Headphones are distorted for me also. I'm using applealc.kext. You using a patched applehda.kext?

I'm going to try codec commander next. How did you configure it?

Edit: I can confirm that using CodecCommander.kext with SSDT-ALC298 gets rid of the distortion completely and no pops or crackles from the speakers on boot.

Now I'm just having a problem with playing video/audio content online either through chrome or safari. This is after I disabled the Nvidia card. This only happens after wake from sleep. I'll have to check rehabman's guide on disabling dual cpu's regarding sleep issues. If you see this rehabman, is this a common issue? I'll report back on that thread anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back