Contribute
Register

El Capitan on Lenovo P50

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, and i got the backlight working as well - and when i go strictly to battery, it dims also

you wouldn't mind posting that file would you? i am having trouble fully understanding how to patch these things

Just seeing this but looks like you have it worked out now.. Using my dsdt even though ours is almost identical could pose an issue because some of out internals could be slightly different and i updated my bios so we may be on a different bios as well, Anyway its a non-issue now..

As for the nvidia graphics i think its best to try and disable it through dsdt per rehabman guide to save battery, both of them can't be used at the same time so its one or the other. I started looking at it but haven't had the time to get through it yet. @BJK2142

so i fixed battery status, and I'm also able to boot without having to disable the nvidia card. the computer recognizes the card, but not the amount of memory it has - nor do i know how to enable the card to be actively used.

If your Nvidia is in Optimus configuration, it is not supported. It is covered in the FAQ.

Yup I'm in the same place as you. I haven't got the power mangament yet though. For our 4k's the DVMT is set too high, we have to get those down to something like 96 mb and we should be able to get the p530 working. I extracted the bios and searched through the code and found what we need but when i go to a shell and try and change it, i get some sort of error ( i cant remember what, its been a couple months) ill try to get those pictures and errors up here in the next couple days and see if rehab knows whats going on.

I also tried to get the nvidia working but had no luck there. There was a guy with the dell that has the xeon with p530/m2000m quadro as well and he said he was able to get them going with the web drivers...

@BJK2142 I've upgraded my desktop to sierra without much hiccup but i haven't had time to mess with the laptop. The thing about the laptop is Clover doesn't even recognize the whole screen when using the p530, there's that black bar at the bottom. I haven't have anyone else that experienced that on any other machine.. So im hoping that because of the improper DMVT-prealloc, if not we'll have to try to use the M2000m somehow (which i would rather anyway with that extra 300-400 bucks we paid)
I have my P50 almost like you but with a 1080p screen and I cannot even get into the installation...Tried 10.11.6 and 10.12.1 but cannot get it going...if it is okay, would you give me your installation and post-installation EFI? Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

I have my P50 almost like you but with a 1080p screen and I cannot even get into the installation...Tried 10.11.6 and 10.12.1 but cannot get it going...if it is okay, would you give me your installation and post-installation EFI? Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

P530 requires FakeID and FakePCIID kexts. The correct settings are in config_HD550.plist.

Last edited:
@spadewkun look to my latest posts with my clover attached - getting the resolution working on the laptop is a pain in the butt, so you first should focus on getting Mac OS working before trying to solve the graphics problem. I no longer have my clover saved for the P50 but you will find it posted in previous posts. use that, and try and install using NVIDIA graphics disabled. once you do that, then try and solve the graphics problem.

Honestly, I decided to buy and build a desktop computer because I realized how difficult the P50 was to get working - just FYI.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just placed an order for a P50 with the Xeon processor upgrade, is anyone running a macos on the P50 with the Xeon processor?

I got recognition of 1500MB of video memory now! so much better! Thank you @11orourkec ! We gotta keep figuring this out so we can get all the functionality out of our laptops with Mac OS as we can
Hi! How did you get it to recognize 1,5GB for the p530 exactly? I'm having a hard time following this thread (new to hackintoshing). I'm running Sierra 10.12.2 on a different system but with the same iGPU and everything works great except for the video(artifacts, flickers in youtube. No flickering bar at the bottom or top, though). In the "About This Mac" section it shows 7MB of VRAM

Hi! How did you get it to recognize 1,5GB for the p530 exactly? I'm having a hard time following this thread (new to hackintoshing). I'm running Sierra 10.12.2 on a different system but with the same iGPU and everything works great except for the video(artifacts, flickers in youtube. No flickering bar at the bottom or top, though). In the "About This Mac" section it shows 7MB of VRAM

You need to use a FakeID. Your profile is not filled out, so no advice possible.
Read the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back