Contribute
Register

El Capitan on Lenovo P50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about that. I have updated my profile with the system.

Your profile is not detailed enough. Please read the request in the FAQ. Carefully.

I tried installing FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext but no matter how I install them (Kext Wizard, Terminal), I always get the message saying they weren't installed properly

You need the correct setting in config.plist. Use config_HD550.plist as linked by the Clover guide (linked from the FAQ).

Hi! I'd like to check back and say that it's working now. Everything (I don't know about wifi because I don't have an adapter and don't need it) works. It recognizes the 1,5GB of VRAM and I have no flickers thanks to a fix mentioned earlier in this thread). If anyone needs my config.plist or any other file, tell me. Thanks RehabMan and everyone else in this thread ;)

@davidberino Here you go! Be careful, though. This config isn't for the P50 laptop, it's for the system in my signature. Same integrated graphics (Intel HD Graphics P530), but different CPU and everything else (I'm assuming you have the same problem with the unrecognised VRAM). If it doesn't work, here's what I did: I copied the graphics section, the FakeID for IntelGFX and the ig-platform-id from config_HD550.plist(mentioned by RehabMan earlier). Good luck!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 208
@davidberino Here you go! Be careful, though. This config isn't for the P50 laptop, it's for the system in my signature. Same integrated graphics (Intel HD Graphics P530), but different CPU and everything else (I'm assuming you have the same problem with the unrecognised VRAM). If it doesn't work, here's what I did: I copied the graphics section, the FakeID for IntelGFX and the ig-platform-id from config_HD550.plist(mentioned by RehabMan earlier). Good luck!

The config.plist you attached is corrupt:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:Projects rehabman$ plutil -lint /Users/rehabman/Downloads/config.plist 
/Users/rehabman/Downloads/config.plist: Encountered unknown tag flase on line 155

The config.plist you attached is corrupt:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:Projects rehabman$ plutil -lint /Users/rehabman/Downloads/config.plist
/Users/rehabman/Downloads/config.plist: Encountered unknown tag flase on line 155
You're right. I edited the file manually and I've made a typo. At line 155 it should've been </false> instead of </flase>. However, my machine did boot even with this typo without a visible problem(except for a visual glitch at the splash screen) and worked as it should've. Sorry about this and thank you for pointing it out!
Code:
Imods-iMac:CLOVER tcroitoru$ plutil -lint config.plist
config.plist: OK

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 189
You're right. I edited the file manually and I've made a typo. At line 155 it should've been </false> instead of </flase>. However, my machine did boot even with this typo without a visible problem(except for a visual glitch at the splash screen) and worked as it should've. Sorry about this and thank you for pointing it out!
Code:
Imods-iMac:CLOVER tcroitoru$ plutil -lint config.plist
config.plist: OK

It is why you should never use a text editor to edit your config.plist.
Always use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Many thanks!

I have the Lenovo P50 in base configuration, i7 6700HQ, M1000M, has anyone had success and can post consolidated instructions for the popular base configuration of the P50?

I have the Lenovo P50 in base configuration, i7 6700HQ, M1000M, has anyone has success and can post consolidated instructions for the popular base configuration of the P50?

@chaseian2 If you follow RehabMans installation post to a "T" there shouldn't any problems installing at least.

I haven't been able to disable the nvidia graphics or get intel's graphics power management sorted out yet so using daily is not ideal due to battery and heating issues. If you want to install and try to work out these things feel free to help out but as of now its not worth consolidating a 'how-to' until these things are worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back