Contribute
Register

Dual monitors not working on Sierra (750Ti)

Motherboard
ASRock B85M-HDS
CPU
Intel Core i5 4690
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hey guys,

I finished my Sierra Hackintosh/Windows dual-boot and so far it's been amazing. Everything works perfectly, except for one thing: dual monitors. So I have two 1080 Acer monitors and they work fine together in Windows but in Sierra what happens when I plug in the secondary one the primary one is starts to flash and then the secondary one says no signal. Anyone can help me? (Specs on my profile)

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
What brand of GPU do you have?

Make sure Inject/Nvidia is false.

Motherboard
ASRock B85M-HDS
CPU
Intel Core i5 4690
Graphics
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
What brand of GPU do you have?

Make sure Inject/Nvidia is false.
InjectNvidia is false. I have a GTX 750Ti nvidia. Drivers are installed and work fine.

wildwillow

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600+R9 380 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS, Other
How are both of your monitors connected? What cables or adapters are you using. What happens when you boot the system with both monitors already attached.

Motherboard
ASRock B85M-HDS
CPU
Intel Core i5 4690
Graphics
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
How are both of your monitors connected? What cables or adapters are you using. What happens when you boot the system with both monitors already attached.
Primary one with VGA and secondary one with HDMI without any adapters. When I boot the system with both attached it boots fine but the primary one works for a few seconds than fades to black for a few seconds and it loops like this. The secondary one just says no signal on the display.

wildwillow

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600+R9 380 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS, Other
Primary one with VGA
This is your problem in macOS, VGA isn't supported, as you've seen it causes trouble. Windows still supports VGA hence why it works for you in that environment. Best solution, use a digital connection for your primary monitor. This will then work for you in both maOS and Windows.

Motherboard
ASRock B85M-HDS
CPU
Intel Core i5 4690
Graphics
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
This is your problem in macOS, VGA isn't supported, as you've seen it causes trouble. Windows still supports VGA hence why it works for you in that environment. Best solution, use a digital connection for your primary monitor. This will then work for you in both maOS and Windows.
But if VGA isn't supported by macOS why does it work fine when only my primary monitor (VGA) is plugged in?

wildwillow

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600+R9 380 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS, Other
But if VGA isn't supported by macOS why does it work fine when only my primary monitor (VGA) is plugged in?
Good question. I don't have an accurate answer. VGA sometimes work when connected to a discreet graphics card, I had this same scenario with a Radeon 6850. See if you are getting full acceleration by watching a youtube video etc. But it is not supported and you'll get your secondary display working with your primary using digital connections.

Motherboard
ASRock B85M-HDS
CPU
Intel Core i5 4690
Graphics
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Good question. I don't have an accurate answer. VGA sometimes work when connected to a discreet graphics card, I had this same scenario with a Radeon 6850. See if you are getting full acceleration by watching a youtube video etc. But it is not supported and you'll get your secondary display working with your primary using digital connections.
I have full GPU acceleration. Guess I'll just get a DVI cable. Thanks for the help!

Motherboard
MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON Intel® Z170 Chipset
CPU
Intel i7-6700K CPU@4GHz
Graphics
MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2047 MB
Hello!! In my case what I did after installing "NVIDIA Web Driver" was to edit my config.plist and modify:

<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

Reboot and both monitors running !! I use the HDMI and DVI outputs.

I hope it helps you.