Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel core i3 2.20ghz 2nd gen
Graphics
Nvidia geforce 410M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
I have Sony Vaio vpceh25en, with Nvidia 410m, earlier I had El Capitan which ran smoothly, but ever since Sierra, I had problems like shutdown and reboot never worked on Sierra and High Sierra without nv_disable=1 flag, until the latest update of 10.13.5 when these issues were somehow fixed. Nevertheless, I still have one major problem. When I enable night shift, or try to use similar apps like fluorescent, or change the display resolution , the display freezes. It happens in all versions of Sierra and High Sierra. I have installed latest Nvidia web drivers, and this problem was there also with default nvidia drivers. Does, anybody have the same issue? I have included my clover efi folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 173
I have Sony Vaio vpceh25en, with Nvidia 410m, earlier I had El Capitan which ran smoothly, but ever since Sierra, I had problems like shutdown and reboot never worked on Sierra and High Sierra without nv_disable=1 flag, until the latest update of 10.13.5 when these issues were somehow fixed. Nevertheless, I still have one major problem. When I enable night shift, or try to use similar apps like fluorescent, or change the display resolution , the display freezes. It happens in all versions of Sierra and High Sierra. I have installed latest Nvidia web drivers, and this problem was there also with default nvidia drivers. Does, anybody have the same issue? I have included my clover efi folder.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_13503.zip
    753.2 KB · Views: 110
Okay, I have generated report using the script.

EFI/Clover is missing (script shows 'clovernotinstalled').
Please read "problem reporting" carefully.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Your ioreg proves CPU PM not implemented (guide is linked from the FAQ).

I realised it is common symptom of nvidia fermi freeze, I have 410M Fermi GPU, so this issue persists on all versions post El Capitan. The question is - are there any solutions? Can you suggest something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back