Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

The USB rename patch is NOT in your config....!!

Please see Clover Help:
DSDT / Patches

I was pasting the values in the kernel and kext patches, my mistake. I pasted them under DSDT patches and now it looks like I'm running 100%! Thank you so much, you were a huge help.

I'm getting to the point of starting the El Cap install, rebooting, selecting the Boot OS X Install, then reboot and it's "not done" it would seem.

The Clover screen still shows the Boot OS X Install options along with the Boot Mac OS X side by side.

Selecting Boot Mac OS X gets me back into my normal Yosemite install.

Have tried selecting Boot OS X Install a couple times in a row and it never seems to finish whatever it needs to do.

Any ideas?

Update went flawless on my Sandy Bridge build. GA-H61N-USB3 Core i5 2500k ATI Radeon 5450 1024MB. Note i had to disable USB3 or it cause a Kernel Panic wasn't surprised at this tbh. But everything works fine. :thumbup:

Attachments

• 11863459_981811551865425_3678546016617446822_n.jpg
    11863459_981811551865425_3678546016617446822_n.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 136
How are you guys having so many problems? If you had a working clover yomsemite install, then the move to clover is childs play. The instructions are there. Just follow it letter by letter, word by word. You cannot skip a single step and a different order.

I did have a working clover Yosemite install, did follow the instructions letter by letter, word by word. That's why I'm reporting the problem, so people know it won't work for everyone as written.

By the way, Time Machine is a champ. I was back up with a working Yosemite machine in less than an hour.

I'm having the exact same problems as Sfwg with my configuration (in my signature). Everything is essentially perfect on Yosemite, but after an install of El Capitan, I reboot into the installer where it spends half an hour or so doing its thing, then it reboots into the main OS X partition. After several seconds of a mostly-completed progress bar it just reboots and starts the cycle again.

I've tried a variety of configurations with removing kexts and disabling SIP but so far no luck. I have time-machine restored back to Yosemite for now until someone can provide more insight on how to deal with this particular issue.

Edit:
Output from verbose mode has been included as a photo and config.plist file included.

Attachments

• IMG_7787_web.jpg
    IMG_7787_web.jpg
    843.9 KB · Views: 301
  • config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Same problem here. Follow the guide but stuck on that problem. Booting with verbose show the error "CPU Fault: 0x2"

Can anyone help, please?

I'm having similar issue. Mine will shutdown at boot.

"CPU halted"

Photo Oct 01, 9 48 47 AM.jpg

I did have a working clover Yosemite install, did follow the instructions letter by letter, word by word. That's why I'm reporting the problem, so people know it won't work for everyone as written.

By the way, Time Machine is a champ. I was back up with a working Yosemite machine in less than an hour.

I agree about the Time Machine. I reverted back and got everything back to where it was thank God. even my FaceTime and iMessage work again :)

I've got a GA-H55M-S2H with an i5 3.2 ghz that only installed with the SIP adjustment (done via clover config) and SMBIOS changed to iMac 14.2, prior to that i got the grey screen with beachball.

However now my sound is beyond terrible (static & high pitched squeal). it's ALC887 and I've tried heaps of versions of VoodooHDA kexts and also CloverALC with no luck. Has anyone had success here?

Fixed "service exited with abnormal code 255" by copying FakeSMC.kext to 10.10 folder as well.

Back