Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

Ok, I am done.
Everything with Yosemite has been running as smooth as butter but I just can't get this install to get going regardless of what I've tried from the several suggestions in this thread.
Problem: Spinning beach ball of death. The installation boots without trouble but doesn't get past the beach ball, mouse/keyboard work fine and even the new feature that comes with EC when you shake your mouse and it enlarges works.

I'm using iMac14,2, I have copied fakeSMC to both 10.10 and 10.11 (didn't use it for my yosemite install, downloaded it for this install).
I have attached my config.plist.
Clover is updated.

ANY advice is highly appreciated.

View attachment config.plist

I have the exact same problem

I can only boot in safe mode

Did you find a solution?

I agree about the Time Machine. I reverted back and got everything back to where it was thank God. even my FaceTime and iMessage work again :)

Knock on wood, I have not had this problem yet. How did you start up the Time Machine restore? Better find out now before its too late :)

Do I have to enable SIP after install audio_CloverALC?

Any guide on how to enable it?

Correct, copy all kexts/10.10 to kexts/10.11.
Since the 10.11 Installer replaces AppleHDA.kext;
1. disable SIP
2. restart
3. View Raw/audio_cloverALC-110.command/Save (Use .zip)/select file/double click file, answer questions
4. enable SIP
5. restart

More info:
Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1/3. cloverALC/Clover patched

I upgraded just fine. Only thing thats not working is bluetooth, and probably 5ghz network.(Don't have one around) waiting for patch for that. (I assume this is the reason why i can't use my phone to call anyone with my mac) BCM94352

Knock on wood, I have not had this problem yet. How did you start up the Time Machine restore? Better find out now before its too late :)

You have to have a Yosemite install USB ready somewhere just in case. If your unibeast install is missing Time Machine restore function open terminal and write:

/System/Installation/CDIS/Time\ Machine\ System\ Restore.app/Contents/MacOS/Time\ Machine\ System\ Restore

Then select backup drive and proceed.

Hope you won't need that though.

anyone know what causes the Abnormal code: 255 and the Safe mode = CPU Halt?
followed the guide completely, but can't seem to get past these. I have FakeSMC in 10.10, 10.11 and other

I couldn't get it to work until I made sure I had the most recent FakeSMC.kext
After I replaced the older one with the newer one everything went smoothly

I couldn't get it to work until I made sure I had the most recent FakeSMC.kext
After I replaced the older one with the newer one everything went smoothly

I wish I could say the same. Downloaded most recent FakeSMC from Tonymac, still have the same problem.

Back