Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

Hey pascalhome,
I had the same problem. All you have to do is put the LATEST version of FakeSMC into you 10.11 folder and then, once the install is done, it WILL boot. But beware, there is another step. This step is that you have to replace OsxAptioFixDrv with OsxAptioFix2Drv if you want it to boot a second time.

I hope it helps.

Does this work if I'm using MBR and not GPT or would I need to apply some kind of patch to the installer?

I didi successfully updgrade to Sierra from El capitan using this guide.
I had a kp at first boot after installation. I had to remove all the voodoops2 controller and device.
vers happy with Sierra for now. System is snappier than el capitan.
config :
intel core i7 4770
msi b85 g41 pc mate
gtx 660

Hello!
I easily install Yosemite (10.10.5) according to the instructions (UniBeast+MultiBeast):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...emite-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.143976/

But the update to El Capitan can not. I do not have a folder /EFI/ in the root directory (anywhere is not).

screen-01.jpg

And so, I can not perform steps 2 and 3:

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

3. Open /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with TextEdit and add the following BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig keys to RtVariables section. This will partially disable SIP (System Integrity Protection) when booting OS X El Capitan.

What to do?

THX

The EFI is a partition on your Yosemite drive. In the Terminal, type/run:
Code:
diskutil list
Then user EFI Mounter v3 to mount your EFI partition.

Hey! I don't seem to have the RtVariables section in my config.plist. Any way of adding it to it?

Hi guys, I am using Yosemite and in config.plist there is no RtVariables? where it is supposed to be, or added? can someone help please?

I found the answer myself.....if anybody has the same issue , here is what I did: Download Clover configurator, there is an option there for RtVariables, also If you don't see EFI partition , download EFI Mounter V3.
Upgrade from Yosemite to El Capitan went smooth with CLOVER and the great guide found here in tonymacx86, thank you very much to all the contributors to this site for share your knowledge with us!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
would this work from a Mavericks install with clover? I want to update but I don't wanna do it from scratch.. I'd rather just wait until I absolutely need to if this won't work :p

Yes, it work work if you follow post #1's procedures.

Attachments

• 20181231_095208.jpg
    20181231_095208.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 185
Back