Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

anyone know what causes the Abnormal code: 255 and the Safe mode = CPU Halt?
followed the guide completely, but can't seem to get past these. I have FakeSMC in 10.10, 10.11 and other

I have the same problem with the installer hanging on abnormal code 255, and shutting down with CPU Halt in Safe Mode when attempting to upgrade directly. I've tried every suggestion on this and a couple of other threads without success. SIP is disabled, tried kexts in both 10.11 then Other folder, clean standard plist.config, newest FakeSMC, –– the installer just can't get passed this. The clean UniBeast install will not work either:banghead:.

So, anyone here have any idea what the abnormal code 255 points to and can point us in the right direction?

Knock on wood, I have not had this problem yet. How did you start up the Time Machine restore? Better find out now before its too late :)

My clover gives me a multi-boot option, and one of the options is an Apple Restore drive. I chose it and navigated to the USB drive I use for Time Machine once the restore program launched. It was pretty simple and was my first time.

I couldn't get it to work until I made sure I had the most recent FakeSMC.kext
After I replaced the older one with the newer one everything went smoothly

I wondered if that wasn't my problem, too. But then I wouldn't be following the procedure in post 1 "letter by letter, word for word" or whatever was stated above.

I use CCC, as I can boot to that drive. It shows up as an option in clover. Don't think you can do that in time machine.

Updated Yosemite to ELC, and now can't boot to OS.
Asus p8p67, i5 2500k (not overclocked), Nvidia gf 260 or gf 650, disabled USB 3, com ports, fire-wire in BIOS
Tried nv_disable=1, no luck.
FakeSMC and NullCPUpowermanagement deleted from /efi/clover/kext/others, but same error with kexts...

Any help with this error?

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_1888_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_1888_1024.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 274
I couldn't get it to work until I made sure I had the most recent FakeSMC.kext
After I replaced the older one with the newer one everything went smoothly

Would you let me know
1) What error where you getting before?
2) Where to download the updated FakeSMC.kext?

To prevent a crash/reboot for my config during update I had to delete EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-1.aml. Maybe it will help someone else?

I currently have multibeast as my boot loader. What additional steps do I need to take to update to El Capitan using clover?

Thanks

Back