Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

Successful upgrade. I downloaded via App Store and followed OP instructions. Issues I encountered were:

1. Realtek ALC892 Audio not working after install. Fixed by reinstalling from here
2. Problem with iMessage activation, but it turned out I had a typo in my config.plist when I added the code to disable SIP protection. Be careful people. My own stupid fault, and when I corrected all was well.

Other than that everything is working as far as I can tell. I have a question re USB 3.0 though. Can someone look at the below screenshot and tell me if this indicates USB 3.0 is working? OnYosemite the screen would show "USB 3.0 High Speed Bus and USB Super Speed Bus", I don't see that now, does that mean I have a problem?

Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 15.36.04.png

Help needed. I followed the guide to "5. Choose system drive for install ". But the installer prompted "This disk cannot be used to start up your computer."

How can I fix this? thanks!

Okay so to recap. I went for the upgrade from App Store route and managed to get most things working. Some Usb ports are not working and it also broke my iMessage and FaceTime. So my advice would be wait a bit longer if you can.

Any idea what's going on here? If I put my clover USB stick in it will install el capitan, it will run fine, but I will have to boot up with the USB stick in all the time. If I don't put it in install hangs.

I'm sure I fixed a similar error with Yosemite by installing AppleACPIPlatform.kext - doing that now makes it kernel panic.

FakeSMC and all the other kexts I use are in 10.10.11, those being: IOGraphicsFamily, NullCPUPowerManagement, RealtekRTL8111

Can any one help? My mrs will go crazy if I spend anymore time on here!

Cheers!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1591.JPG
    IMG_1591.JPG
    833.2 KB · Views: 214
I've been having a problem upgrading also, Yosemite works fine, I followed the directions, updated clover, copy kext over, added fakesmc, and I'm getting this error. I'm using smbios macbookair 6,2

Attachments

• IMG_20151001_114324.jpg
    IMG_20151001_114324.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
Hi,

I successfully upgraded to ElCap except for one thing: sound :(
After upgrading, I used Toledo's audio kext like I did on Yosemite and on the first install attempt, nothing happened.

On the second attempt, the Audio kext appeared in the 10.11 kext folder but there is still no sound :(

When I launch the installer, it tells me that SIP is enabled, could that be the issue (I added the bits under RT variables section in the plist)? If yes, how do I resolve this?

Thanks a lot :)

Problem: any help appreciated. When I open Clover Configurator (4.24.0) and mount the EFI partition. I then click file and open the config.plist file from EFI/CLOVER and it looks like the file opens but all the values in Clover Configurator are blank. If I open the config.plist via text edit, the correct values are there. Why are they not showing in Configurator?

Make sure you are pointing to your copy of config.plist. You might have to browse to it.

How are you guys having so many problems? If you had a working clover yomsemite install, then the move to clover is childs play. The instructions are there. Just follow it letter by letter, word by word. You cannot skip a single step and a different order.

I've been having a problem upgrading also, Yosemite works fine, I followed the directions, updated clover, copy kext over, added fakesmc, and I'm getting this error. I'm using smbios macbookair 6,2
Fixed the issue, for some reason my fakesmc kext had to be placed in my 10.10.10 folder

Back