Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

The installation/upgrade went fine for me - for the most part - but now my GTX 970 is no longer being recognized, I've downloaded the web drivers, restarted, and have nvidia_drv=1 anyone know what I'm missing?

Thanks!

The installation/upgrade went fine for me - for the most part - but now my GTX 970 is no longer being recognized, I've downloaded the web drivers, restarted, and have nvidia_drv=1 anyone know what I'm missing?

Thanks!
Change your system definition to iMac 14.2?

Directly updated from Yosemite to Sierra without much problem. However, I still can't get audio to work.
No input or output devices in preferences but System Report > audio lists intel high definition audio (audio ID: 1).

I've tried using audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0d.command but it didn't seem to have any effect.
I used clover config to set CsrActiveConfig=0x3 and ran script, rebooted and still no audio.

My original kext for audio is a folder audio ALC898 that has AppleHDA and HDAEnabler1 - these are both in the "Other" folder of my EFI partition.

I ran this other script audio_codecdetect_v2.0.command and it lists the following (which seems to show 899 NOT 898:
HDMI audio codec(s)
Nvidia: 0x10de0040
Onboard audio codec
Realtek: 0x10ec0899
OS X/10.12.2 Onboard Audio
Device: HDEF@1B
Audio ID: 1

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I got panic screen on upgrading from Yosemite and rebooted automatically.

I put FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/, and write "-f" option for clover, and "boot without kexts" by pressing space.

Attachments

• 크기변환_upgradeError1.jpg
    크기변환_upgradeError1.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 167
Hello,

update from El Capitan is not really working.
When I'm booting to the installation the progress bar starts but it stops after some time (Bar is around 10%).
Is there a log file with additional information or something else?

cloverbeast.png

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Established Clover users on OS X El Capitan who wish to update directly to macOS Sierra can do so just like a regular Mac would. This fully native method requires no USB creation or preparation.

Before you begin, we strongly recommend performing a full backup of your existing system using Carbon Copy Cloner. By doing this, you can always go back to your working OS X El Capitan installation.

1. Download the latest version of Clover from sourceforge and update your existing Clover install.

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

3. Download Install macOS Sierra Application from the Mac App Store. When complete, the app will open. Please note, the Application will disappear after use.

4. Choose system drive for install (Example: Macintosh HD). When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

5. When Clover boot screen appears, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating. Press spacebar to enter Boot Options and choose Without Caches option and/or Inject Kexts option then Boot Mac OS X with selected options.

6. Complete the installation process. When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

7. When Clover boot screen appears, choose Boot Mac OS X option (Example: Boot Mac OS X from Macintosh HD). The computer will then complete the update.

:thumbup:

Related:

macOS Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store
Some Broadcom mini-PCIe Devices Unsupported in macOS Sierra
macOS Sierra Does NOT Boot with MacPro3,1 MacPro4,1 System Definitions

Apple Releases macOS Sierra 'Golden Master' GM Candidate to Beta Testers
macOS Sierra Upgrade Available on September 20th
macOS Sierra Public Beta 7 is Now Available
macOS Sierra Public Beta 6 is Now Available
macOS Sierra Public Beta 5 is Now Available
macOS Sierra Public Beta 4 is Now Available
macOS Sierra Public Beta 3 is Now Available
macOS Sierra Public Beta 2 is Now Available
macOS Sierra Public Beta is Now Available
How to Create a macOS Sierra Public Beta Installation USB
NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12 Beta
Introducing the macOS Sierra Critter!
Sierra Desktop Support
Sierra Desktop Guides
Sierra Laptop Support
Sierra Laptop Guides
Apple Reveals macOS Sierra at WWDC - Available Fall 2016
tonymacx86 Clover Theme

I have a dual boot system with Windows 8.1 and El Capitan. Will updating directly from the App Store not ruin my dual boot ? Can I just update El Capitan to Sierra and still be able to boot into Windows ?

Just updated without trouble. If someone use raid he won't get macOS Install option, just boot OS X with "Without Caches" option first time.

There is no "Without Caches" option in the latest Clover version 3974, so how to get the "macOS Install option"

Anyone with issues ( not seeing the macOS install ) you need to mount the EFI then update as suggested.

Same issue here! Maybe my kexts are not updated. I'll continue to try again later.

Tried "you need to mount the EFI then update as suggested." but still no macOS install option in Clover Boot menu.
I use UEFI bios, so Clover install does not give the option to update bootfiles.

Back