Contribute
Register

Dell Xps 9360 Kabylake-R High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just guessing...
I think the UEFI shell you need from there is DVMT.efi.
Create an MBR/FAT32 USB with just EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi, where the content of BOOTX64.efi *is* DVMT.efi.
Then boot that USB in UEFI mode directly from BIOS.

I got it working, I've managed to simply rename the DVMT.efi to Sheel64U.efi and went to the shell in Clover Bootloader screen, and changed the settings. Anyway I still have glitches in my screen and can't change screen scale in OSX.

I got it working, I've managed to simply rename the DVMT.efi to Sheel64U.efi and went to the shell in Clover Bootloader screen, and changed the settings. Anyway I still have glitches in my screen and can't change screen scale in OSX.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Here are the files for problem reporting. There 2 zip files because Report 1 I made manually and debug_28770 I've tried the automatic script in case I missed something manually.

Attachments

• Report 1.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 82
  • debug_28770.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
Here are the files for problem reporting. There 2 zip files because Report 1 I made manually and debug_28770 I've tried the automatic script in case I missed something manually.

Fixed, finally I have my graphics acceleration working :) Now is ALC256 time. thanks the support RehabMan

What bios is everyone here running, and does it make any difference to installing OSX if I don't plan to mod the bios?

I'm stuck on installing High Sierra
I can boot on the USB Installer, But the disk utility & the installer don't see the SSD Nvme (It's a LiteOn).
I've tried this patch (was working with Sierra installer):
Special patches for LiteOn/Plextor/Hynix NVMe
Read here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...er-macos-sierra-is-ready/page-42#entry2356251

Make sure the LiteOn patch you're attempting to use is appropriate for High Sierra.
And keep in mind Clover cannot patch a kext that is not in cache.
You can force IONVMeFamily.kext to load with config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/ForceKextsToLoad.

with the appropriate SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml

The class-code spoof is not used with High Sierra.
No need as there is better support in 10.13 for 512 byte LBA NVMe SSDs.

The class-code spoof is not used with High Sierra.
No need as there is better support in 10.13 for 512 byte LBA NVMe SSDs.
Okay
I add "\System\Library\Extensions\IONVMeFamily.kext" in "Kernel and Kext Patches"->"ForceKextsToLoad"
No better
I keep searching patches for LiteOn
Thanks

I select the USB installer from the Boot Menu
then in clover
- I pressed F2, F4
- I select an external USB Disk with Vanillia 10.13.3
When the boot is finished, I still can't see the M.2 LiteOn Drive

here are the requested files
Thanks again

Attachments

• debug_14532.zip