Contribute
Register

Dell Xps 9360 Kabylake-R High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zerui17 please post your clover folder if you successfully installed high sierra. i am trying to install high sierra on my xps 9360 but facing kernel panic :crazy: every time and I don't have any previous hackintosh experience :silent::silent:.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Hi @haimesh, here's dark-void's xps9360 git repo: https://github.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9360-macOS. You should be able to follow the instructions in ReadMe too set the various hidden BIOS settings (this should prevent the kernel panic) and then use his CLOVER files to boot up. The only problem might be that he doesn't use a GTX1050.

Hi @RehabMan, it's being some time and now I'm trying to clear up some minor issues.

It seems that both the built-in speaker and microphone works correctly using the patched AppleHDA_ALC256.kext generated with darkvoid's script --patch-hda, however the headphone jack does not work (audio still from internal speakers when headphones are plugged in).

Below are the attached debug files + the patched AppleHDA_ALC256.kext from /L/E/, can you help to see what's wrong?
Thanks! :)

Attachments

• debug_30188 2.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
Hi @RehabMan, it's being some time and now I'm trying to clear up some minor issues.

It seems that both the built-in speaker and microphone works correctly using the patched AppleHDA_ALC256.kext generated with darkvoid's script --patch-hda, however the headphone jack does not work (audio still from internal speakers when headphones are plugged in).

Below are the attached debug files + the patched AppleHDA_ALC256.kext from /L/E/, can you help to see what's wrong?

Zeriu, I've skimmed through this thread and am very interested in getting myself a 9360 kabylake-r as well. I am currently looking at that and the previous gen kabylake (7200u) and trying to decide which will be more within my capabilities. How closely did you follow the steps here?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...a-10-12-x-lts-long-term-support-guide.213141/

Would you be interested in writing up a guide once you're finished getting your system running?

Zeriu, I've skimmed through this thread and am very interested in getting myself a 9360 kabylake-r as well. I am currently looking at that and the previous gen kabylake (7200u) and trying to decide which will be more within my capabilities.

@DigitlTerror, I'm also new to hackintosh-ing and I've only done it on my 9360 kabylake-r so I'm not too sure about how it will work out for the prev gen 7200u. However, I can assure you that even with 0 experience in hackintosh-ing to start, you will be able to get the resources and help from this forum to get High Sierra woking your new dell XPS. (that's how I started)

How closely did you follow the steps here?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...a-10-12-x-lts-long-term-support-guide.213141/
Would you be interested in writing up a guide once you're finished getting your system running?

Since this guide is intended for the old kabylake 9360 (diff hardware & bios), I decided not to follow it. If you would like to get a KabyLake-R XPS, you can use the resources from darkvoid's repo to easily get High Sierra running almost perfectly.
I don't have plans for writing a guide as I'm pretty inexperienced myself and there's tons of available (and applicable) resources in this forum and the above mentioned darkvoid's repo (if you choose to buy the kabylake-r xps).

Thus, I would recommend you to get the KabyLake-R XPS since it has better hardware and I can confirm that you will get High Sierra working on it within a week or so. Good luck hackintoshing! ;)

ALC256 may require a special CodecCommander configuration (SSDT).
Do you have it? (I didn't bother checking).

@DigitlTerror, I'm also new to hackintosh-ing and I've only done it on my 9360 kabylake-r so I'm not too sure about how it will work out for the prev gen 7200u. However, I can assure you that even with 0 experience in hackintosh-ing to start, you will be able to get the resources and help from this forum to get High Sierra woking your new dell XPS. (that's how I started)

Since this guide is intended for the old kabylake 9360 (diff hardware & bios), I decided not to follow it. If you would like to get a KabyLake-R XPS, you can use the resources from darkvoid's repo to easily get High Sierra running almost perfectly.
I don't have plans for writing a guide as I'm pretty inexperienced myself and there's tons of available (and applicable) resources in this forum and the above mentioned darkvoid's repo (if you choose to buy the kabylake-r xps).

Thus, I would recommend you to get the KabyLake-R XPS since it has better hardware and I can confirm that you will get High Sierra working on it within a week or so. Good luck hackintoshing! ;)

I will definitely be following this thread and throwing a few questions out there when I get around to it. Thank you for your perspective. I've done several hackintoshes, mainly through multibeast/unibeast methods, and all on desktops, over the past several years. Never touched a laptop though. Hopefully that helps a bit though! Sounds like it's not too unreasonably difficult. Hope you get the audio-jack fixed soon! That's a definite must-have for me.

ALC256 may require a special CodecCommander configuration (SSDT).
Do you have it? (I didn't bother checking).
It should be this SSDT-ALC256 (attached .dsl).

Attachments

• SSDT-ALC256.dsl
    1.7 KB · Views: 201
It should be this SSDT-ALC256 (attached .dsl).

The one in the CodecCommander github project is the same, but has PerformReset=false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back