Contribute
Register

Dell Xps 9360 Kabylake-R High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one in the CodecCommander github project is the same, but has PerformReset=false.
Hi @RehabMan, I've recompiled SSDT-ALC256 with PerformRequest set to false. However, the headphone jack still doesn't wok upon reboot. (attached latest debug files)

Attachments

• debug_23773.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hi @RehabMan, I've recompiled SSDT-ALC256 with PerformRequest set to true.

I think you meant "set to false".

However, the headphone jack still doesn't wok upon reboot. (attached latest debug files)

Some other problem. I never really implied that PerformReset was related to your headphone jack problem...

Hi @RehabMan, I've recompiled SSDT-ALC256 with PerformRequest set to false. However, the headphone jack still doesn't wok upon reboot. (attached latest debug files)
Have you made any progress finding a fix for this?

Have you made any progress finding a fix for this?
Have been quite busy these few days so didn't really look into this issue again. However, I found out that when 'PerformReset' is set to false, audio does not work upon wake from sleep.

Injecting EDID was an attempt to fix the previous blank screen problem.

I've found this git repo by dark-void: https://github.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9360-macOS, following the instructions in readme, I modified the various values accordingly (dvmt-prealloc, dvmt-max, disable cfg-lock).
Subsequently, after changing the kblframbuffer patch in my config.plist to the 80MB framebuffer one, the graphics worked :)

I've been trying to change my bios settings also, but "setup_var" command isn't working with the-darkvoid shell, it says Invalid or Unknown Command... Still having glitches and can't change screen scale...

I've been trying to change my bios settings also, but "setup_var" command isn't working with the-darkvoid shell, it says Invalid or Unknown Command... Still having glitches and can't change screen scale...

It sounds like you're not using the correct UEFI shell.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 96
The UEFI shell for setup_var is not the same UEFI shell provided by Clover.

I didn't understood what you mean, I'm noob in this matter, not really used to clover and efi/uefi, for what I've read in the-darkvoid GitHub ( https://github.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9360-macOS ) the shell from clover boot loader should have the setup_var command working, I've started my computer, and in boot loader I've pressed the shell icon and tried the command without success, could you "noobly" explain how this can be done correctly please? Thanks in advance.

I didn't understood what you mean, I'm noob in this matter, not really used to clover and efi/uefi, for what I've read in the-darkvoid GitHub ( https://github.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9360-macOS ) the shell from clover boot loader should have the setup_var command working, I've started my computer, and in boot loader I've pressed the shell icon and tried the command without success, could you "noobly" explain how this can be done correctly please? Thanks in advance.

Just guessing...
I think the UEFI shell you need from there is DVMT.efi.
Create an MBR/FAT32 USB with just EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi, where the content of BOOTX64.efi *is* DVMT.efi.
Then boot that USB in UEFI mode directly from BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back