Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 13 (2014) i7-4650U

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0

try this.

Will try... is this for Chameleon, Clover or both? I am currently booting with Clover, but have a chameleon (USB) install ready as well :)

Chimera I think , but i'm sure the commands will work on either bootloader.
Also try booting without -x if you can boot successfully without safemode

Ok, small progress...

I setup USB Installation to UEFI using this post as suggested previously: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

Then I took the config.plist from here: https://github.com/vbourachot/Dell-XPS13-9333-DSDT-Patch

I managed to boot into the installer, but my HD 5000 Graphics seems to be the problem now (see attached).

Having used Chemeleon bootloader mostly, are there any boot args I need to add to fix the graphics?

Current Boot Args (Using Clover): dart=0 -gux_defer_usb2

Thanks

ig-platform-id in that config.plist is probably not a good choice.

Try ig-platform-id = 0xa260006

- - - Updated - - -

IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0

try this.

No sense in using Chimera flags on Clover.

how do i get the correct ig-platform-id for my HD 5000 onboard gfx.* the below one did not work. am trying Yosemite install now.

ig-platform-id in that config.plist is probably not a good choice.

Try ig-platform-id = 0xa260006

- - - Updated - - -

No sense in using Chimera flags on Clover.

how do i get the correct ig-platform-id for my HD 5000 onboard gfx.* the below one did not work. am trying Yosemite install now.

What bootloader are you using?

Try all the mobile ones: - try different ig-platform-id values (0xa260006, 0xa260005, 0xa260000, 0xa160000, 0xa2e0008)

Also, what is the issue exactly? You may have some other problem unrelated to ig-platform-id.

Try all the mobile ones: - try different ig-platform-id values (0xa260006, 0xa260005, 0xa260000, 0xa160000, 0xa2e0008)

Also, what is the issue exactly? You may have some other problem unrelated to ig-platform-id.

Sir would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction. Iv been going around in circles for a few days now trying to get the HD5000 to work in this new machine someone gave me. Here are the specs as it not in my signature.

System: Unknown No branding on the unit, but its a desktop unit , but with mobile CPU+GPU same used in MacBookAir6,2.
CPU: i7-4650U / H8x/P8x
Graphics: HD5000 / mobile version connected via HDMI

Im using clover 3438.
SMBIOS is set to MacBookAir6,2
I have your FakeSMC, FakeSMC_Sensors, Fake, PCIID, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics, RealtekRTL8111 kexts in use through /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11.
I’v tested almost all ig-platform-ids in the Azul list including the ones you mentioned above.

So far I have two semi working conditions. (if one could consider either condition working)

1)If i set the Intel graphics not to inject I get to the desktop no GPU acceleration as expected. In about this Mac it lists as Display with 1MB video memory, and same info when you go in to system profiler it shows 1MB vram.

2)If I inject Intel and use any of the ig-platform-ids you recommended above, the screen is stuck in verbose as I can see the processes still happening. So I went back to condition 1 and turned on screen sharing and was able to see the desktop through my MacMini. In about this Mac it lists as HD5000 with no listed video memory, but when you go in to system profiler it shows 1536MB vram.

DPCI manager does not list the GPU in either way I’m able to reach the desktop.

So there is what I have so far. I would love to get some clarity of how the HD5000 works vs H4600,HD4400. I have used your and darkvoids methods to successfully get fully accelerated GPUs on all desktop CPUs and some Mobile ones like HD5300, but this HD5000 is kicking my behind.

I know the newer HD5300 had to have BIOS settings in the GPU settings changed to 64MB DVMT. I went and did some testing with that too producing the same results. I didn’t think DVMT mattered in the Haswell CPUs. I also looked in to the FB edits Toleda posted about and tried those methods wth no luck either.

So I’m just looking for some direction at this point. I have attached an CPU-Z , IOReg, and screen shot of the desktop.

Sorry ahead of time for posting on this old thread, but none of the other posts about the i7-4650U talk much about the HD5000 and it just seem to work for other people. Then again this is not Gigabyte hardware tailored for hackintoshing so I'm thinking in my machine some bios setting might be the culprit.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Attachments

• i7_4650U_IoReg.ioreg
    1.9 MB · Views: 103
  • i7-4650U.txt
    46.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 11.28.35 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 11.28.35 PM.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 125
Sir would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction. Iv been going around in circles for a few days now trying to get the HD5000 to work in this new machine someone gave me. Here are the specs as it not in my signature.

System: Unknown No branding on the unit, but its a desktop unit , but with mobile CPU+GPU same used in MacBookAir6,2.
CPU: i7-4650U / H8x/P8x
Graphics: HD5000 / mobile version connected via HDMI

Im using clover 3438.
SMBIOS is set to MacBookAir6,2
I have your FakeSMC, FakeSMC_Sensors, Fake, PCIID, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics, RealtekRTL8111 kexts in use through /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11.
I’v tested almost all ig-platform-ids in the Azul list including the ones you mentioned above.

Your ioreg shows you using a desktop ig-platform-id (0x0d220003).

Follow guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

HD5000 does not require FakePCIID. The device is natively supported.

Your ioreg shows you using a desktop ig-platform-id (0x0d220003).

Follow guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

HD5000 does not require FakePCIID. The device is natively supported.

I took out the FakePCIID kexts and booted with a mobile ig-platform-id 0x0a260000 and still producing the same result.

I have my Bios setting as per your guide too, but maybe something with CSM settings?

Edited: new IOReg attached.

Attachments

• i7_4650U_IoReg .ioreg
    1.9 MB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back